Shoutbox

Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash (/showthread.php?tid=77532)

Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Chris4 on 09-16-2007 at 02:06 PM

How sad :(..

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article2465231.ece
COLIN McRAE, the former world rally champion, died along with his five-year-old son Johnny when his helicopter crashed near Lanark in Scotland yesterday. Two other people on board, believed to be close friends of McRae, also died. Jean-Eric Freudiger, the driver’s agent, confirmed McRae’s wife Alison and daughter Hollie were not on board.

The Squirrel aircraft came down in Jervis Wood near Lanark just after 4pm and immediately burst into flames. Strathclyde police said the damage to the helicopter was so bad that it could not immediately be determined how many people were on board. The Air Accidents Investigation Branch has been called in to investigate the cause of the crash.

The Scottish Ambulance Service said its own helicopter was despatched to the scene along with three ambulance crews. Strathclyde Fire Service also had units in attendance at the scene.

McRae was one of the most popular and successful drivers the sport has seen. He won 25 rallies in the World Rally Championship, finished on the podium 42 times and claimed the world championship itself in 1995. The next year he was awarded an MBE. He won a host of fans throughout the world, captivated by his daredevil style – he became as well known for his spectacular spills as for his victories.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Tasha on 09-16-2007 at 02:20 PM

I know... So sad. R.I.P Colin. :(

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by aNILEator on 09-16-2007 at 03:29 PM

:O feels nostalgic gaming session coming on

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Voldemort on 09-16-2007 at 03:37 PM

that happens when you have lots of moneys :<

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by prashker on 09-16-2007 at 05:44 PM

He will live on in 'D.I.R.T' (which I have).

R.I.P :(.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Jhrono on 09-16-2007 at 06:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
R.I.P Colin.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Nagamasa on 09-16-2007 at 06:46 PM

R.I.P Colin.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Oxy on 09-16-2007 at 06:53 PM

:(

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by Rolando on 09-16-2007 at 06:57 PM

R.I.P.. though I didn't know who he was.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by rix on 09-16-2007 at 07:30 PM

Sad and tragical news indeed.

PS! Don't tell it to segosa
[00:59:08] <segosa> he was rich, he had everything, and it's so awful that he died? how about people who die who never had a chance to even drink proper clean water?

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by andrewdodd13 on 09-16-2007 at 08:15 PM

RIP Colin...

I feel strange seeing this. I've never really felt celebrity that I've know of die before, and it was a tragic accident as well.

It's made even more tragic that his son was with him, just a young lad.

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by ShawnZ on 09-16-2007 at 08:40 PM

who the fuck is colin mcrae

RE: Colin McRae Dies in Helicopter Crash by MicroWay on 09-16-2007 at 08:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
who the fuck is colin mcrae

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
COLIN McRAE, the former world rally champion... ....McRae was one of the most popular and successful drivers the sport has seen. He won 25 rallies in the World Rally Championship, finished on the podium 42 times and claimed the world championship itself in 1995. The next year he was awarded an MBE. He won a host of fans throughout the world, captivated by his daredevil style – he became as well known for his spectacular spills as for his victories.
;)

Anyway: I didn't like the news, too... :S
Thanks for reporting it here...