Shoutbox

Tab Break - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Tab Break (/showthread.php?tid=77546)

Tab Break by Timinsk on 09-17-2007 at 01:52 AM

My friend sends me a http: link and I click it, windows live freezes and i have to close it then when i open it back up, it starts a new explorer.exe and has it under it, then i cant have tabbing chats anymore :( its like windows live plus breaks.

RE: Tab Break by Patchou on 09-17-2007 at 03:02 AM

Can you explain that a little bit more? Thanks.

RE: Tab Break by Timinsk on 09-19-2007 at 12:44 AM

I log onto Messenger Plus. My friend sends (instant messages) me a web link (which is underlines and blue) [aka hyperlink]. I click it then msn seems to freeze, so drag the window around sometimes or can't and the box turns white, can't close it properly by clicking the [x] button. So pretty much crashes on me. I made sure if so by asking my friend to keep doing the same thing and send me links in msn. So it crashes. I end process of msn then reload it. Now when I click on my friends screen name it pops up with a window, next I click on another friend (by the way I have with Messenger Plus the auto tab set up so it does) and when my friends screen name pops up its in a seperate window, its not in the same window with the instant message tabs.

That help?

regards
Timinsk

RE: Tab Break by djdannyp on 09-19-2007 at 02:16 PM

Sometimes links do take a while to open from MSN/WLM, especially if your computer is doing other things.  The trick is to not click around whilst this is happening and although messenger may appear not to respond for a while, it will resume functioning again once the link has been opened.  if you don't want this to happen then just copy and paste the link from your conversation directly into your browser rather than clicking on it

Plus! disappearing on re-load may be as a result of having SweetIM or Smiley Central installed  click here

RE: Tab Break by Timinsk on 09-22-2007 at 12:39 AM

I dont have any silly etc on my computer such as SweetIM and Smiley Central, etc. :P But thanks for the reply, I'll keep that in mind.