Shoutbox

[suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml (/showthread.php?tid=77599)

[suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml by markee on 09-19-2007 at 08:36 AM

I had an idea in relation to multi-languaged scripts and how Plus! could help accommodate the users.  It would be to have multiple descriptions in the scriptinfo.xml for the different languages that the script supports.  You could just use a language attribute in each one to differentiate them and check them against the systems default language so the user can actually read it.  You could also have the ability that if the person's language isn't there then it just defaults to the first description listed.

I just thought with the coding of the next version of Plus! this would be a good time to ask for such a feature.

RE: [suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml by Volv on 09-19-2007 at 08:58 AM

I like the idea, but it would seem a bit odd when you're install a script which has a Spanish description yet actually defaults to English in the script itself.

RE: [suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml by markee on 09-19-2007 at 10:15 AM

Well in that case the script should be better written and use MsgPlus.UILangCode IMHO

RE: [suggestion] multiple language scripts and scriptinfo.xml by Volv on 09-19-2007 at 10:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by markee
Well in that case the script should be better written and use MsgPlus.UILangCode IMHO
Good point, didn't know this existed. None of my scripts are multilingual anyway :P

In regards to your idea, I think it's definitely worth adding (as an optional feature of the scriptinfo ofcourse).