Shoutbox

Skins - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Skins (/showthread.php?tid=77703)

Skins by Drakal on 09-22-2007 at 07:00 PM

I tried to install a new skin to Messenger but the plus icons disappered :( no icon for scripts, preference, custom cound or anything that plus adds :(
why?

RE: Skins by Menthix on 09-22-2007 at 07:06 PM

Skins modify files from Messenger. If a skin changes too much (certain parts) Plus! will be unable to hook the icons properly. Some skins work, some don't.

RE: Skins by absorbation on 09-22-2007 at 08:57 PM

These are caused by skins removing elements from the uifiles. Most skinners don't do that, in-fact doing that makes it harder to skin and update your work. These skins will be in the minority :).

RE: Skins by Drakal on 09-23-2007 at 08:35 AM

ok thx now i know that... but can anyone tell me a nice skin that works with plus?

RE: Skins by Matti on 09-23-2007 at 10:02 AM

Vista Live Messenger, Windows Aero Messenger,... you can take a look at www.msgstuff.com, it's a good resource for Messenger skins. :)

RE: Skins by Drakal on 09-23-2007 at 06:33 PM

it was Windows Aero Messenger and some more that i tried from www.msgstuff.com but then i got no plus icons :( i wants the icons... plz tell me skins that let me have it

RE: Skins by vikke on 09-23-2007 at 06:51 PM

You may need to reinstall MessengerPlus!, that actually worked for me. It kind of updates where to patch when it's installed.

RE: Skins by Drakal on 09-23-2007 at 07:21 PM

i have already tried to reinstall plus but it didnt worked :(