Shoutbox

Plus! Not Intergrating - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! Not Intergrating (/showthread.php?tid=77738)

Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-23-2007 at 08:34 PM

I'm having trouble downloading Messenger Plus! I have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger and Windows XP. Everytime I try to download Plus! it closes my messenger and won't let me sign back in without restarting my computer. Then when I do finally sign back in, Plus! has not intergrated into my messenger. I have even tried reinstalling my Windows Live Messenger and then trying Plus! again. Nothing has worked and I've tried to get help in the chat. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

Thank you!

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by toddy on 09-23-2007 at 08:45 PM

Have SweetIM and/or SmileyCentral installed? PLEASE READ

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-23-2007 at 08:56 PM

No someone told me to check that before but I have never downloaded any smilies.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by roflmao456 on 09-23-2007 at 09:11 PM

the setup program closes your messenger when it's installing..

or are you saying that it doesn't integrate after the installation?

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-23-2007 at 10:13 PM

I went to the link you gave toddy and went through all the steps even though I don't have anything from Smiley Central downloaded. It still didn't work. Yes roflmao456 it doesn't intergrate after I install it.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by Chris4 on 09-23-2007 at 10:16 PM

After you install, is there files in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live ?

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by Rolando on 09-23-2007 at 10:19 PM

Having problems with MP!L?

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-23-2007 at 10:19 PM

Yes Chris4 the files are there. Around 14 different icons in the folder.

Rolando I went to the link you gave and read it all and tried the steps. It's still not intergrating.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-23-2007 at 11:40 PM

I also tried to download it in safe mode as well as turning off all protection. Still nothing is helping.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-24-2007 at 12:37 AM

Okay so I went to my brother's house and tried it there. It worked fine and I noticed that after I downloaded it there and signed back in, the wizard came up to finish the installation. Mine is not doing that step. What could be stopping it?

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by roflmao456 on 09-24-2007 at 12:38 AM

if you have WLM 8.1, go here:
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\

if you have WLM 8.5, go here:
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\

does msimg32.dll exist?
RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by yoda84 on 09-24-2007 at 02:07 AM

Yes it's there.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by burmar71 on 09-25-2007 at 11:17 PM

I'm having a similar problem. eveytime i start up my pc all the mods i made using MLP are never saved and i also didn't get the wizard program either. but the .dll file does exist. Thanks for your help

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by mike455 on 09-26-2007 at 03:08 AM

i was having this issue as well. i figerd out i was runing with the commpatablity for live messager runing set to windows 2000. once i turn the commpatablity back to xp (by clicking the check box off uner the commpatablity tab) everything worked fine.

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by RandalThor on 09-28-2007 at 10:33 PM

When I try and log into Msn Mess it tells me that theres a newer version available. The little gray box that tells me this says I " must" download the newest version to continue.  I was doing just fine with the version ( 7 ) I was using.  What gives????? 

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by burmar71 on 09-29-2007 at 12:02 AM

Well i think it has to do with scripts. I logged into messenger last night and it told me i lost all my scripts yet i just logged in just a few moments ago and it is all working fine now! Weird huh?!? P.S. I am running the latest MSN messenger :):):):D:D:D

RE: Plus! Not Intergrating by weeweee on 10-21-2007 at 04:13 PM

Yeah yoda84  .. i know what you mean .. the same thing is happening to me... if anyone knows how to fix this please help..x ..What is stopping messenger plus from finishing the installation? ..x