Shoutbox

something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? (/showthread.php?tid=77853)

something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by roflmao456 on 09-28-2007 at 11:49 PM

how do i make my windows tabbed like the Plus! Preferences?

RE: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by markee on 09-29-2007 at 12:37 AM

You have to use child windows and change the visibility of them when a tab is pressed.  The easiest way I found of hiding the current child was to use a glodal varialbe like "currentTab" and set that when i changed the tab.  I also had a list of all the other tab just waiting.  When using tabs at the top and tabs at the left it becomes hard but you just use child windows and have to remember the current main area for each tab along the top (the one that relates to the currently selected radio control on the left).  Message Customizer! Live does tabs like this and you can look at the code if you want to see exactly what I did (I do warn you that it was about 9 months ago that I wrote it and I am now a much better scripter and I also re-wrote the whole script in about 1.5 to 2 weekss so it may be a little messy :P).

RE: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by roflmao456 on 09-29-2007 at 02:01 AM

thanks markee :P

well, i have another question:

is it possible to "CustomLook" the SliderControl?

RE: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by NanaFreak on 09-29-2007 at 02:57 AM

"children | pli:Position pli:Help pli:Attributes pli:Range" so no, you cant

RE: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by roflmao456 on 09-29-2007 at 03:07 AM

aww :P

thanks anyway NanaFreak and markee :)

RE: something like the Plus! Preferences.... tabs? by vikke on 09-29-2007 at 06:14 AM

You can ownerdraw it with a DLL. ^^