Shoutbox

Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 (/showthread.php?tid=77878)

Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by Zantis on 09-30-2007 at 06:59 PM

This is probably more for Patchou,

Long ago in a land far, far away (7.5 messenger) we could download stuffplug and make it so we could send huge images for emoticons, at least as big as we wanted.  All my friends use to send larger icons all the time.  Then we went and switched to Live Messenger and lost that ability.  We have been waiting and watching StuffPlug for a long time and nothing has developed.  Just curious but is this something that might be able to be done in the next Messenger Plus edition as I don't think that StuffPlug is gonna come out with that option anytime soon since it has been over a year now. 

Thanks in advance,

Zantis

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by toddy on 09-30-2007 at 07:01 PM

not possible, messenger resizes on both ends iirc

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by Zantis on 09-30-2007 at 11:43 PM

Well it was possible before and your going to tell me that it isn't possible now?  It's always possible to break it :)  I bet Patchou can.

Still waiting for a response from Patchou, to see what he has to say about the issue.

Thanks.

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by MattyRid on 09-30-2007 at 11:47 PM

Just because it was possible before, doesn't mean that it always will remain possible. Toddy is correct in the explanation....

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
messenger resizes on both ends

And it is for this reason that other things such as larger display pics are no longer possible.

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by Menthix on 10-01-2007 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
messenger resizes on both ends iirc
I other words... theoretically it is still possible, but your friends/contact will ONLY see it when they install the software for bigger DPs too. It's no fun when everyone has to install software to see your DP properly, so i don't think it will be done anytime soon.
RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by Zantis on 10-01-2007 at 12:13 AM

Well that is all find and dandy for us, we as friends all downloaded and installed Messenger Plus and StuffPlug and Audiator anyway, so it worked.  We would love for it to work as part of the messenger plus.  Well millions of us have installed Messenger Plus and the sounds only work for the people that also have Messenger Plus.  I'll send Patchou postcards from every place I travel during the year if he makes that a feature.  :)

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by dream_avatar on 10-11-2007 at 09:45 PM

Maybe if they get enough request microsoft themselves will add the feature. You can post comments and suggestions at:
https://feedback.live.com/default.aspx?productkey=wlmessenger

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by MeEtc on 10-11-2007 at 10:11 PM

When people send me oversized emoticons, i have noticed that if i use StuffPlug's content stealer, the images appear full size there. It appears that they are only resized when they are displayed in the message window, not the file for the image itself.

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by Nagamasa on 10-11-2007 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It's no fun when everyone has to install software to see your DP properly, so i don't think it will be done anytime soon.
Isn't it like the same thing for coloured display names?
RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by prashker on 10-11-2007 at 10:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
It's no fun when everyone has to install software to see your DP properly, so i don't think it will be done anytime soon.
Isn't it like the same thing for coloured display names?

Yes, but that is useful in a way :p.

Only a select few want huge ass DPs and Emoticons :p.
RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by dream_avatar on 10-14-2007 at 01:55 AM

Is there any kind of code hack to override the resizing to 50x50?

RE: Large Emoticon Size Limit of 50x50 by NanaFreak on 10-14-2007 at 02:05 AM

no, please read this thread again :)