Shoutbox

Commonly used icons disappeared - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Commonly used icons disappeared (/showthread.php?tid=77891)

Commonly used icons disappeared by azn angel on 10-01-2007 at 08:35 AM

About 2-3 weeks back my most commonly used icons stopped appearing on the start menu and its just blank except for the icons i have pinned.

I have no idea why this has happened and i've done virus scans which haven't returned related results :S

any ideas?

RE: Commonly used icons disappeared by ryxdp on 10-01-2007 at 10:33 AM

Most likely someone's turned it off.

Check this option by right clicking the start menu -> Properties -> Customize -> and in the middle (the "Programs" box) make sure it isn't set to zero.

:) hope this helped

RE: Commonly used icons disappeared by azn angel on 10-01-2007 at 02:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ryxpia

Check this option by right clicking the start menu -> Properties -> Customize -> and in the middle (the "Programs" box) make sure it isn't set to zero.

It isn't set to 0... it's set to 6 and i have 5 items pinned :S
RE: Commonly used icons disappeared by rav0 on 10-04-2007 at 06:02 AM

If you clear your recent documents/files/history/MRU with some programs, you can clear the start menu list also. It soon comes back after you start programs from the all programs menu (at first it will be wrong about your most commonly used but after a while it will learn again). You may have a program (like an antivirus or a privacy protector) that is clearing the start menu list repeatedly (perhaps every time you log on or off or periodically).

RE: Commonly used icons disappeared by azn angel on 10-05-2007 at 12:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
If you clear your recent documents/files/history/MRU with some programs, you can clear the start menu list also. It soon comes back after you start programs from the all programs menu (at first it will be wrong about your most commonly used but after a while it will learn again). You may have a program (like an antivirus or a privacy protector) that is clearing the start menu list repeatedly (perhaps every time you log on or off or periodically).
Thing is, nothing is reappearing at all. There is nothing to be cleared.