Shoutbox

[Release] GroupSend - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [Release] GroupSend (/showthread.php?tid=77951)

[Release] GroupSend by Spunky on 10-03-2007 at 07:19 PM

Basically, this script lets you manage a list of groups (seperate from WLMs own groups) and perform functions such as Block/Unblock and Send Message. I made it because I knew people have been asking for something like this. I know some people may not like the idea of having a sperate set of groups, but it's the most anybody can do for now.

I was not aware of a similar script in the database (by foaly and StUpIdO) at the time this was released

[Image: groupsendfl7.png]

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Oxy on 10-03-2007 at 07:39 PM

Awesome script.
* Oxy can just about see his e-mail in the blurred section :D
* Oxy then downloads and tries.

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Spunky on 10-04-2007 at 03:16 PM

Updated some stuff. You can now import groups (got the idea from Foaly's script). You can also now place groups on the desktop and nudge groups.

The only problem is that sending messages or nudging takes time as it has to open a chat window with each contact

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Clarkooo.1 on 11-14-2007 at 04:06 PM

this script dont work for me =[

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Chris4 on 11-14-2007 at 04:32 PM

Works great! I never see this script when it was released :P

What happens Clarkooo.1 ?

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Clarkooo.1 on 11-15-2007 at 03:47 PM

Oh wait I understand it now lol I though it would of automatically imported the groups I have already got on WLM instead of having to make new groups using the script

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Dollarius on 11-17-2007 at 11:53 AM

I was looking for such a script since a long time ago...
A lot of tryes have been made...but still I cannot find a really good one :P

This one might be nice if it got the msn groups list automatically (including all the members, coz adding them manually would mean updating groups each time u add a new contact...).

Then while using the "group block" feature, would be really interesting if the script saved the situation after blocking each member, so when using the "group unblock" feature, it remembers of previously manually blocked contacts, and avoids unblocking them.
It'd be really useful to me, coz I'd like to "appear online" only to some groups on special occasions!

Keep it going, I'm pretty sure u'll code an interesting script :)

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Clarkooo.1 on 11-17-2007 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dollarius
This one might be nice if it got the msn groups list automatically (including all the members, coz adding them manually would mean updating groups each time u add a new contact

I agree with Dollarius :)
RE: [Release] GroupSend by markee on 11-17-2007 at 12:11 PM

Find us a method of accessing this information and I'm sure you would make many people happy.  The problem is that (at least to my knowledge) there is no reliable method of accessing information about groups.

RE: [Release] GroupSend by Dollarius on 11-17-2007 at 01:34 PM

I'm not used in messenger's api...dunno where to look for such things!!
That's why I proposed it to Patchou as a really important feature for the new Plus version...I think he can find a way to get those information...

Dunno if it's actually possible to do with scripts!

Maybe asking him directly wouldn't be so bad..?

Or at least waiting this short time till the release of the new version, hoping he implemented it?!

RE: [Release] GroupSend by NanaFreak on 11-17-2007 at 01:37 PM

he cant find a way to get the information, he has said it before... the only people who know how to are the messenger staff...

RE: [Release] GroupSend by markee on 11-17-2007 at 01:40 PM

There is no such ability in the next version of Plus! either.  I'm sure if it was possible and reliale then Patchou woul have put this ability into Plus! already.  The fact that others can't do it either just further proves how tough the task is.  Maybe with WLM 9.0's API features when it becaomes avaliable we might be able to do this, but noone knows the specifics of what we will be able to do with that API either.