Shoutbox

weirded up sd card - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: weirded up sd card (/showthread.php?tid=77977)

weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-04-2007 at 09:35 PM

i have folders on an sd card (which is always safely removed) and every so often they end up like the attachment

RE: weirded up sd card by YottabyteWizard on 10-05-2007 at 01:48 PM

Well it seems there is something corrupting the TOC (Table-of-contents) of your USB, virus maybe... or your usb is malfunctioning.

No more ideas =/

RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-05-2007 at 01:52 PM

it's a new secure digital card 4gb and it happens after time (time being an hour) in any computer so i doubt it's a virus

RE: weirded up sd card by YottabyteWizard on 10-05-2007 at 01:57 PM

Well then I'll suggest to replace it (if it's under warranty) or get a new one.

One more thing you could try would be complete formating it.

RE: weirded up sd card by Mike on 10-05-2007 at 02:08 PM

Next time instead of safely removing, try ejecting the drive (My computer -> Right click the usb device -> Eject).

RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-05-2007 at 02:14 PM

can't right click at school

RE: RE: weirded up sd card by rav0 on 10-06-2007 at 03:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWizard
Well then I'll suggest to replace it (if it's under warranty) or get a new one.

Sandisk gives a lifetime warranty (Y). If it's been happening since you bought it just take it back to the shop and have it replaced (or get a refund and you can buy a replacement card and keep the change).

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Next time instead of safely removing, try ejecting the drive (My computer -> Right click the usb device -> Eject).

It does the same thing.
quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
can't right click at school

Instead of right clicking stuff, you can single click it and then use the File menu, all the stuff from the right click menu on an item gets included into the file menu once you select the item. This doesn't always work properly (the menu shows but when you click on it sometimes whatever you tried to do just doesn't happen).
RE: weirded up sd card by ShawnZ on 10-06-2007 at 03:36 AM

try:

file > new > shortcut, to "diskpart", run it, type "select volume [letter]:", "clean", then "create partition primary"

RE: weirded up sd card by Mike on 10-06-2007 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
It does the same thing.
Maybe, but the hardware seems to understand a bit different. For example, when I put my K800 into mass storage mode and just use safely remove, on my mobile it still says "Do not remove the USB Cable", but when I use "Eject", the phone says "It is now safe to remove the USB Cable." The mass storage devices can still be seen in safely remove though.
RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-06-2007 at 07:04 AM

will i bought it off ebay :s
but it came with a life time warranty from somewhere

in disk part when i type clean it just says plese select a disk

RE: RE: weirded up sd card by rav0 on 10-06-2007 at 08:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
quote:
It does the same thing.
Maybe, but the hardware seems to understand a bit different. For example, when I put my K800 into mass storage mode and just use safely remove, on my mobile it still says "Do not remove the USB Cable", but when I use "Eject", the phone says "It is now safe to remove the USB Cable." The mass storage devices can still be seen in safely remove though.

Touché.
quote:
Originally posted by xen0h
will i bought it off ebay :s
but it came with a life time warranty from somewhere

in disk part when i type clean it just says plese select a disk

I haven't used diskpart before (that I can remember) but did the step before that work properly ("select volume [letter]:")?
RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-06-2007 at 09:15 AM

here's what i had

[Image: diskpart%20problem.JPG]
image1
sorry the size is small this sould work

http://picasaweb.google.com/ajlangfordgm/Shared1/...118149313808157666

and i thought the list would help

[Image: diskpart%20list.JPG]
image2

http://picasaweb.google.com/ajlangfordgm/Shared1/...118149313808157650
--------------------------------
looks like the problem may have fixed it's self i think maybe it just needed to be "broken in" but it might come back or happen again
the help is still welcome

RE: weirded up sd card by rav0 on 10-06-2007 at 11:12 AM

I think it may be that to "clean" a disk you need to select a disk (ie you cannot clean a volume, only a disk).

RE: RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-06-2007 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
try:

file > new > shortcut, to "diskpart", run it, type "select volume [letter]:", "clean", then "create partition primary"

the only disks that show up are my hard disks:p

RE: weirded up sd card by rav0 on 10-07-2007 at 03:05 AM

Oh, OK.

Well HD Speed is a disk speed testing program, but you can use the write test to completely erase a disk. If you wanted, you could let HD Speed do a write speed test across the whole SD card and then format it with Windows.

RE: weirded up sd card by ShawnZ on 10-07-2007 at 03:23 AM

quote:

Oh, OK.

Well HD Speed is a disk speed testing program, but you can use the write test to completely erase a disk. If you wanted, you could let HD Speed do a write speed test across

selecting a volume also selects the appropriate disk and partition. selecting a partition will also select the associated volume.
RE: weirded up sd card by Jarrod on 10-07-2007 at 04:21 AM

so it didn't work because?
-------------
it's getting better but it's still happenig