Shoutbox

problem on new msn messenger install on a messengerplus installed system - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: problem on new msn messenger install on a messengerplus installed system (/showthread.php?tid=78000)

problem on new msn messenger install on a messengerplus installed system by flypegasus® on 10-05-2007 at 09:31 PM

i had Messenger Plus installed messenger installed already. But i downloaded the laest version of msn messenger and tried to install it on my previous system. There was only two options on setup dialog : 1)repair 2)remove
so i choosed the repair option. And then all my msn messenger apperance turned back into uninstalled plus settings. i mean i even got back the banner at the buttom of my contact list back ! i uninstalled the Messenger Plus with leaving the preferences and settings options uninstalled. Then restarted my computer and reinstalled MsgPlus but once installation is over there is not option dilog box appears as i used to see at first setup of MsgPlus. I mean the dialogbox which you can choose several preadjusted settings like "pitchu's settings" etc... i can't reach it from MsgPlus settings at all ! is there any way now that i can get rid of that banner ?

help would be realy appreciated. ty in advance :)

RE: problem on new msn messenger install on a messengerplus installed system by Nagamasa on 10-05-2007 at 09:54 PM

Please view Patchou's reply to MsgPlus! for Messenger 7 - 3.40.112 BETA.

Oh, and do make sure you are using the latest versions of MSNM/WLM and MP!(L).

They are: MSNM 7.0.0820 or WLM 8.1.0178 and MP! 3.63.148 or MP!L 4.23.276

RE: problem on new msn messenger install on a messengerplus installed system by ahmetgns on 10-06-2007 at 02:33 AM

flypegasus®, what you want to display at first start of Messenger is Configuration Wizard.

It wasn't displayed when you first signed in because it was previously run when you first run Messenger with Plus! on your computer, a small key under registry which is named FirstStart prevents that wizard always run at all signingin. And because you didn't uninstall your MsgPlus! settings (you didn't touch registry while removing it), it didn't pop once more.

You can view that wizard from Plus! menu and Configuration Wizard. But you can do all and a lot more settings from inside Messenger Plus! Preferences window. If you are using (I think so) Messenger Plus! 3, then there is a Hide the advertisement banner option in Prefences, and on the contrary what you wrote, that option does not exist in Configuration Wizard anyway(I couldn't find it).