Shoutbox

Second Countdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Second Countdown (/showthread.php?tid=78028)

Second Countdown by martyj on 10-07-2007 at 12:53 AM

Hey,

could anyone make up a script that will put a countdown in my pm that will count down in seconds to a date i enter

e.g

48754892090238 seconds tilll my bday : )

RE: Second Countdown by Supersonicdarky on 10-07-2007 at 01:39 AM

Personal messages can't be updated every second. I'd suggest having it in minutes.

RE: Second Countdown by roflmao456 on 10-07-2007 at 02:31 AM

there is a script called "CountdownLive" (i think it's called that, search the scripts db)

RE: Second Countdown by martyj on 10-11-2007 at 03:12 PM

nooo i dont mean it like that i mean like...

E.G

1) if it was a coutndown time of 2days

It would be able to display like:
48 Hours
Or
----- Minutes

instead of 2 days

hope u get me lol

RE: Second Countdown by Eddie on 10-11-2007 at 04:48 PM

Use, NiteMares countdown script, and dont select anything but hours, i have the same thing for my days to england in my messenger, but instead of showing months, i have days, same general gist...http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/view/55-CountD...-Personal-Message/

RE: Second Countdown by martyj on 10-12-2007 at 03:46 PM

Nope. That only does hours OR days as in a context of 'real time'

i want it be able to display like.. 6000000000 minutes to ______ rarther than it displaying e.g 2 Minutes, (even when the hour + day tags have been removed )

It would be like that script above where the tick option boxes are.. being able to tick days and hours of so it just counts in minutes and nothing else?

Does anyone understand what  i mean like lol :?:

MARTY :]

RE: Second Countdown by Matti on 10-12-2007 at 04:09 PM

Yes, I understand. Well, it sounds complex to add an easy-to-understand interface for such thing in a countdown script, but it's very well doable to program the functionality. Maybe I can add tags like %th for "total hours" and %ts for "total minutes", but it'd get very difficult to add functionality for "X hours and Y seconds", with Y also including the minutes.

As my script (Countdown Live) is getting pretty outdated and I don't seem to care opening those project files any soon (hey, we don't get paid for scripting, you know! :P), I'm afraid you'd have to look for another script or talk to another developer if you need this really really quick. But it may be a point to think about when I'd want to resurrect my script one day. :)

RE: Second Countdown by martyj on 10-12-2007 at 10:25 PM

It was just an idea anyway, as its just more interesting and different looking.

MARTY :]