Shoutbox

Block List and Allow list are the SAME - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Block List and Allow list are the SAME (/showthread.php?tid=78072)

Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-08-2007 at 09:49 PM

Dear all,
My allow list and contact list is the same. I could not solve the problem. I import offline blocker then delete. After this my list is blocking automaticly by MLP.

RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-08-2007 at 10:06 PM

I don't quite understand what's going on here. Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list). What is this offline blocker you are on about? What is it supposed to do and where did you get it? What is it you are trying to solve?

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 06:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
I don't quite understand what's going on here. Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list). What is this offline blocker you are on about? What is it supposed to do and where did you get it? What is it you are trying to solve?

I will explain again. First I am using WLM 8.1 and MLP 4.23. As you know Messenger Live Plus imports some scripts. I download the "Offline Blocker2" from http://www.msgpluslive.net/scripts/search/?q=offline
Then I uninstall all programs about MSN. Offline Blocker is a script that; Blocks contacts as soon as they become offline. Unblocks them when they appear online again. When I unistall it. My messenger blocks whole my list. I unblock them by manually one by one then sign out. I sign in again. My list blocked again. Then I write to Microsoft Support. They suggest some solutions to clean my registry, contact list files etc. I couldnt. I formatted my computer. Reason: SAME. Now I checked my privacy. Block list and allow list are SAME. Then I deleted all my contacts   from my list. And add again. Reason SAME.
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-09-2007 at 10:24 AM

1. Did uninstalling the script work as should (dissapeared from the list in Plus > Preferences > General >Scripts after you uninstalled it)?

2. Is the folder of that script still there in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts ?
If so deleting it should solve the problem. Exit Messenger incase it is still using some of the files in there, which i expect so as the script is still workin whilst it shouldn't anymore.

Hmm you say you reformatted...and still it blocks your contacts? I don't see how this is possible unless it "corrupted" the contact list on the server. To try and fix that you can clear out the contact cache as follows:
- Exit WLMessenger
- Delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your passport in the following folders:
WinXP:
%userprofile%\contacts
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Windows Vista:
%userprofile%\contacts
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

(these folders are hidden so make sure you turn on "show hidden files/folders")

After that log in to messenger again. If your contacts are still blocked unblock them one by one and sing out again. Now if you restart Messenger again none of your contacts should be blocked.

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 11:27 AM

quote:
1. Did uninstalling the script work as should (dissapeared from the list in Plus > Preferences > General >Scripts after you uninstalled it)?

2. Is the folder of that script still there in C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Scripts ?
If so deleting it should solve the problem. Exit Messenger incase it is still using some of the files in there, which i expect so as the script is still workin whilst it shouldn't anymore.

Hmm you say you reformatted...and still it blocks your contacts? I don't see how this is possible unless it "corrupted" the contact list on the server. To try and fix that you can clear out the contact cache as follows:
- Exit WLMessenger
- Delete the two contact caches (folders) corresponding with your passport in the following folders:
WinXP:
%userprofile%\contacts
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

Windows Vista:
%userprofile%\contacts
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

(these folders are hidden so make sure you turn on "show hidden files/folders")

After that log in to messenger again. If your contacts are still blocked unblock them one by one and sing out again. Now if you restart Messenger again none of your contacts should be blocked.

Thanks but ı tried all of them. I cleaned my registiry, my folders include any WLM an MLP files...also hidden. I wrote to Microsoft support. They suggest some solutions. I tried delete all of my contacts and unblock them. And than signed in again... Look up.. The reason is same. ınteresting allow list and block list is same. I delete block list to allow list them wait... But it blocked again automaticly.
Thanks.
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-09-2007 at 11:34 AM

What happens if you sign with the same addy on another computer? If they are all blocked there unblock them..sign out (file > sign out) and sign in on other computer again...any change?

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 11:40 AM

quote:
What happens if you sign with the same addy on another computer? If they are all blocked there unblock them..sign out (file > sign out) and sign in on other computer again...any change?

I tried it an another computer. But same...:(
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-09-2007 at 11:42 AM

Does it automaticly block them if you sign in, unblock, sign-out and sign in on that other computer too? You never installed that script on that computer right?

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 11:50 AM

quote:
Does it automaticly block them if you sign in, unblock, sign-out and sign in on that other computer too? You never installed that script on that computer right?

yes it is true. automaticly blocking them. Yes I signed in and on this compuder never script installed. Please give me your msn contact to show you. If ıt is possible.
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-09-2007 at 11:56 AM

Adding me to your contacts won't help, but i've sent you a pm (reply back to me in pm, don't put such info here for all to see ;) ). Now i'm not promising i can fix it but i'll try...

RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by ahmetgns on 10-09-2007 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list).
This is wrong, if they didn't add you, then you could delete their addresses from your allow and block lists even if you have added them.

tosuncuk, merhaba :), can you delete contacts from your either Allow list or Block list by right clicking on them? Or doesn't Messenger let you delete those duplicate email addresses which exist in both lists, from at least one list?

Try signing in on http://webmessenger.msn.com and check what will the contact list there say for your contacts, blocked or allowed? Try changing their block status after opening a chat window with some of them (you'll click on either Block or Unblock on chat windows). Then resignin on Messenger program, check if block statuses for those contacts changed. Good luck!
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by Sunshine on 10-09-2007 at 01:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ahmetgns
quote:
Everybody who is on your contact list should be on the allow list unless you blocked them (then they'll be on the block list).
This is wrong, if they didn't add you, then you could delete their addresses from your allow and block lists even if you have added them.

You added them so they are on the allow list unless you blocked em. Sure if they didn't add you you can remove them from there but they are there by default when you add them to your contactlist....

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 01:19 PM

quote:
quote:

tosuncuk, merhaba :), can you delete contacts from your either Allow list or Block list by right clicking on them? Or doesn't Messenger let you delete those duplicate email addresses which exist in both lists, from at least one list?

Try signing in on http://webmessenger.msn.com and check what will the contact list there say for your contacts, blocked or allowed? Try changing their block status after opening a chat window with some of them (you'll click on either Block or Unblock on chat windows). Then resignin on Messenger program, check if block statuses for those contacts changed. Good luck!

I deleted my whole contact list both allow and block list. Messenger let mi delete whole my list. I used webmesenger. I saw that whole my contact list are blocked. I unblock them manualy. And then sign in with WML 8.1. REASON: SAMEEEEEEEEEEE :(
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by ahmetgns on 10-09-2007 at 01:32 PM

Well, you saw every contact was blocked when you signed in webmessenger. Can you now go to your Profile (edit mode) [Messenger Options > Edit Profile button] and try to set a permission setting for General Appearance for instance? To do this, you will first select Custom (Ozel) from the dropdown list, then Messenger allow list, you will see your allow list there. Can you check if the contacts who you saw as blocked in webmessenger appears in this Allow list now? If so, I think you must demand Microsoft to reset your Allow and Block lists.

If you can't see them there, then your contacts aren't allowed in fact, they are all blocked on the server side but Messenger shows them in both lists.

Bu arada "reason: same" diyorsun da dogrusu "result: same" olacak kanimca.

RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by xJ + on 10-09-2007 at 01:48 PM

I had this experience before. And the following attached file is the solutions given by the messenger team.

The file is in .doc format. Please use Microsoft Words to open.

Farther note:
Despite the two solutions given, it doesn't help me till the team asked me to allow them to access my account to fix. And successfully, it's fixed though I have to allow uPnP on my router.

PS: the solutions are somehow the same as the given above with additional solutions.

RE: RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-09-2007 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Well, you saw every contact was blocked when you signed in webmessenger. Can you now go to your Profile (edit mode) [Messenger Options > Edit Profile button] and try to set a permission setting for General Appearance for instance? To do this, you will first select Custom (Ozel) from the dropdown list, then Messenger allow list, you will see your allow list there. Can you check if the contacts who you saw as blocked in webmessenger appears in this Allow list now? If so, I think you must demand Microsoft to reset your Allow and Block lists.

If you can't see them there, then your contacts aren't allowed in fact, they are all blocked on the server side but Messenger shows them in both lists.

Bu arada "reason: same" diyorsun da dogrusu "result: same" olacak kanimca.

Yes I go to the page of my profile. In there i see the contacts which are in the webmessinger blocket are in allow list. Then I will contact with microsoft support to reset may allow and block list. May be you are true.

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
I had this experience before. And the following attached file is the solutions given by the messenger team.

The file is in .doc format. Please use Microsoft Words to open.

Farther note:
Despite the two solutions given, it doesn't help me till the team asked me to allow them to access my account to fix. And successfully, it's fixed though I have to allow uPnP on my router.

PS: the solutions are somehow the same as the given above with additional solutions.

Thanks for the solutions but I tried them before. Because first I write to microsoft support. :(
RE: Block List and Allow list are the SAME by tosuncuk on 10-11-2007 at 08:22 PM

Is there anyone knows that how the Noroom's ListManager work on Vista ? and what about MSWINSCK.OCX ??? with vista ?