Shoutbox

how do you find out... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: how do you find out... (/showthread.php?tid=78098)

how do you find out... by lily13 on 10-10-2007 at 04:59 AM

if someone still has you on their contact list?

Reason I ask is I deleted a friend of mine to test something out, when she went to go check to see which contacts still had her, i apparently still had her on my list. it wasn't until i deleted her off my 'non-instant messaging contacts' list did I appear on her list of people that had her on their contact list.

So really my question is if there's a way of finding out if someone has deleted you off their "instant messaging contact" list?

Sorry if this topic has been done to death *-)

RE: how do you find out... by MattyRid on 10-10-2007 at 05:04 AM

easy...

Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> "See who has added you to their list" and there is a view button which can be pressed. It is this information that the Contact Clean-up feature in Messenger Plus! Live depends on, and in particular the "Has You" part.

RE: how do you find out... by lily13 on 10-10-2007 at 05:09 AM

we did that!
but I still was on that list...like i said it wasn't until i deleted her off my "non-instant messaging contacts" list that I no longer appeared on that list!

RE: how do you find out... by markee on 10-10-2007 at 05:11 AM

If they are in the non-instant messaging area then they are still on the contact list.  You can't find out the "instant messaging contact" by themselves, this is a privacy thing (just like you can't find out what group you are in or the nickname that they give you).

RE: how do you find out... by lily13 on 10-10-2007 at 05:18 AM

that blows.

thanks though!

RE: how do you find out... by find_your_spot on 10-10-2007 at 09:03 AM

Is an instant messaging contact person also a person that shows only a mobile phone number? Or is that something else. Because all the stupid phone numbers in my Messenger make me confused :S.