Shoutbox

My scripts are gone! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: My scripts are gone! (/showthread.php?tid=78104)

My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-10-2007 at 02:59 PM

Hey folks, how you doing?
Well, yesterday i was chatting on WLM as i do everyday, when i missed a contact's message, so, as usual, I looked for my WLM Preview Box script but for my surprise I had no scripts! They are all gone! Even the default ones, that are installed with Plus 423! I simply went to the Plus website and downloaded the scripts again(I mostly use ReduceMEM and WLM Preview Box), but i always get an error message like "The script couldn't be loaded" or "The script was loaded but failed at launch"...
Somebody knows what is this? I tried reinstalling Plus, downloading the newest version again... But nothing works...
I am running WLM 8.5.1288.816, MSG Plus 4.23.0.276, Windows XP SP2...
Here's a screenshot of my options screen, and the error that i get when downloading a script:
[Image: 7897c8eba7.jpg]
[Image: fd675483f2.jpg]

Thanks for the help.
See ya

RE: My scripts are gone! by Patchou on 10-10-2007 at 07:32 PM

My best bet would be that you are using an antivirus that's blocking scripts by default. Try to disable all your secureity software and try again (if it works, reenable them one by one to find the culpirit).

RE: My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-10-2007 at 11:14 PM

But the strangest part is that i didn't change any software, just windows updates(holy c**p, i think i saw an update that prevents malicious software from doing things... Maybe Microsoft thinks Messenger Plus is one of those malicious softwares?)
Anyway, I tried disabling my antivirus(i just use kaspersky and spybot), but my scrips are still gone... I even tried copying/pasting the script folder, reinstalling Plus in another partition... But nothing seems to work...
Guess i'll take a look at my recent updates to see if some of them have something to deal with this...
thanks for the answer!
brb ^^

RE: My scripts are gone! by QuoteTheRaven666 on 10-11-2007 at 01:47 AM

Thank god I read this, my Windows XP on my laptop just popped up with an update this morning and now I'm wary of installing it......

RE: My scripts are gone! by Chris4 on 10-11-2007 at 02:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by QuoteTheRaven666
Thank god I read this, my Windows XP on my laptop just popped up with an update this morning and now I'm wary of installing it......
You will be fine installing the update.
RE: My scripts are gone! by Chancer on 10-11-2007 at 02:43 AM

I don't know if it can help, but you could restore you PC to a couple of days ago.

Did you try it?

RE: RE: My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-11-2007 at 03:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chancer
I don't know if it can help, but you could restore you PC to a couple of days ago.

Did you try it?

Não ia adiantar, eu não uso mais restauração do sistema :$
Mas acho que não adiantaria mesmo se usasse... Isso me parece ser alguma coisa pesada do sistema...

(it wouldn't work, i don't use restore points anymore :$
But i think it wouldn't help even if i restored... This seems to be something very deep in the s.o.)

I'll try doing some things here, if anything works i'll post here.

Despite the fact that it doesn't bother me that much, it's kinda bug, isn't it? Maybe a conflict...?
RE: My scripts are gone! by Chancer on 10-11-2007 at 04:19 PM

Doesn't Plus! have a debug feature?
Will it be usefull?

RE: My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-11-2007 at 04:22 PM

Isn't it just for script creators?
I tried, but the debugging window doesn't show any scripts too...

RE: My scripts are gone! by erdem on 10-11-2007 at 06:47 PM

Im a Turk so my english language is bad help me please I dont know english language :$ :(

RE: My scripts are gone! by Oxy on 10-11-2007 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by erdem
Im a Turk so my english language is bad help me please I dont know english language :$ :(
1) Don't post into threads if your post is off-topic
2) Your english seems fine.
RE: My scripts are gone! by Patchou on 10-11-2007 at 09:33 PM

with your antivirus disabled (completely, most antivirus dont really disable themselves, they jsut pretend to, you have to uninstall them), please try to import a new script and check if it works or not.

RE: My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-11-2007 at 10:52 PM

yep... I tried that too... My scripts are still "dead"...
I have no ideas anymore...

RE: My scripts are gone! by Patchou on 10-12-2007 at 03:31 AM

if your scripts were removed by some third party software, they'll never re-apepar. That's why I suggested you tried reinstalling one to see if it was working.

If all scripts refuse to start while being imported, I'm sorry to say that you either have a software blocking scripts on your system is corrupted and Windows needs to be repaired.

RE: My scripts are gone! by Kreps on 10-12-2007 at 01:13 PM

Now we're getting to a point: I'm almost sure it's a Windows Update.
(Not all the scripts get an error at launch, some can't get imported)
Microsoft CAPICOM, do somebody know this? I think it's the last software i installed on my Pc(except for GTASA, but my scripts were already gone by the time i intalled gta).
Is there a list of my recent updates? Maybe on the Microsoft Update website i could get it? I REALLY need to take a look at them....