Shoutbox

i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it (/showthread.php?tid=78117)

i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it by bettybooparide on 10-10-2007 at 08:00 PM

Hello there`s  anybody cant help me with my scroll scripts.I dont no how can i use :^):^) it (sorry for my english,i learn ):|
I install the scripts scroll and i dont no how i cant use it..Thank

RE: i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it by Zahid™ on 10-10-2007 at 08:48 PM

Can you explain properly which script you are trying to use?

RE: i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it by Shiny Rabbit on 10-14-2007 at 01:26 PM

i think he's asking how you use them, when you download a script, double click the icon, check the box that comes up and click import

RE: i`m new with scripts and i dont no how i use it by general sirhc on 10-17-2007 at 01:25 PM

welll if it isnt how to open them then how to edit is relativly simple
//function is used to desribe anything that checks what is going on IT IS NOT A IF statement
function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message){
}
what happends goes inbetween the {  } so lets say you want it to change every message you said that says "my first script"
to "this script could be useful" you would write

function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd,Message){
if (Message=="my first script"){
Message="this script could be useful"
}
}
//ChatWnd,Message is the too varibles set when the message is sent its best to leave these as they are until you get better with it
//if (Message=="my first script") checks that the message you are about to send reads a string value of my first script
//Message="this script could be useful" this part is the new text to be sent

i hope all that is useful to new people it doesnt show much but it does help get started... trust me i wrote my first script 3 days ago well now 4 lol its nearly midnight