Shoutbox

Printing multiple photos to a page - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Printing multiple photos to a page (/showthread.php?tid=78223)

Printing multiple photos to a page by rav0 on 10-15-2007 at 05:54 AM

I have some photos that I want to print. I'm planning to print on the 4x6 photo paper that I have and my neighbour's printer (it's a bit wider actually) or get it done at a shop, but I want smaller prints than that. I want to have pre-prepared images that I can easily print when I go to the store or to my neighbours without fiddling too much.

I've thought of printing 4-8 photos to one page. I think it would be difficult to take each picture and copy/paste each one manually into a composite picture and arrange them then print those. Is there a program that will help me do this?

PS I need to remove red eye from some of the photos as well.

RE: Printing multiple photos to a page by user27089 on 10-15-2007 at 07:05 AM

If you've got Adobe Photoshop, just put all the images in a folder, and (in Photoshop) go to File > Scripts > Image Processer, then do it so they all save as 1" x 1.5", then just open a 4" x 6" file on photoshop, and place them all on there.

It should only take about 10 minutes to do.

RE: Printing multiple photos to a page by Jarrod on 10-15-2007 at 07:21 AM

depends where you go to get your prints done i know some of the good digital photo labs do index pages like a power point handout with x pictures on the paper

RE: Printing multiple photos to a page by djdannyp on 10-15-2007 at 09:18 AM

Windows own picture viewer can print photos 2, 3, 4 or 9 to a page with relative ease.  open one of the photos (assuming they're all in the same folder), click the print icon then it will give you the option to select further photos, then to selec tthe page lay-out you requite

you can use something like photoshop elements (or any photo editing package) to remove the red eye

RE: RE: Printing multiple photos to a page by rav0 on 10-15-2007 at 10:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by djdannyp
Windows own picture viewer can print photos 2, 3, 4 or 9 to a page with relative ease.  open one of the photos (assuming they're all in the same folder), click the print icon then it will give you the option to select further photos, then to selec tthe page lay-out you requite
I tried that but it doesn't give me that option for 4x6 paper (it does for A4 size paper though :S).

quote:
Originally posted by djdannypyou can use something like photoshop elements (or any photo editing package) to remove the red eye

At the moment I have Paint.net to remove red eye with. Is Photoshop Elements better at doing it, or Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or any other program? (I only tried Paint.net with one photo and it worked OK but I had to tweak it a bit first).