Shoutbox

scripts and plugins not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: scripts and plugins not working (/showthread.php?tid=78260)

scripts and plugins not working by cndbeauty67 on 10-17-2007 at 01:39 PM

Hey all!

I run both WLM and MSN Messenger 7.5 build 7.0.0820 (hacked with XVI32 so it will work due to MSN's forced upgrade).

Back a few weeks ago, when MSN forced the upgrade, I noticed my scripts and plugins for the old msgplus dont work.  I have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall of both messengers, and both msgplus', and they only work sometimes, but generally not at all.

I did originally think I had a conflicting program running in the background, as it would work alot of times if I was in safemode.  So I disabled programs and all services in msconfig but it still doesnt work.  Even in safemode now.  Even after a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Even if I only run WLM with msgpluslive! the scripts still dont work.

I've done spyware/adaware/virus scans.

Hijack this log looks clean too.

I'm at a complete loss here.

If anyone knows what could possibly be blocking my scripts from working, please help.

Thanks lots in advance!

Jamie

RE: scripts and plugins not working by Patchou on 10-17-2007 at 07:14 PM

scripts and plugins are too very different things. Can you tell me if it's either the plugins from Messenger Plus! 3 or the scripts from Messenger Plus! 4 that are not working anymore?

When you try to import a new script, what message do you get?

RE: RE: scripts and plugins not working by cndbeauty67 on 10-17-2007 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
scripts and plugins are too very different things. Can you tell me if it's either the plugins from Messenger Plus! 3 or the scripts from Messenger Plus! 4 that are not working anymore?

When you try to import a new script, what message do you get?

Hi thank you lots for replying!!!

I'm sorry, I forgot to specify that I'm running both msgplus 3.63 (for my old msn 7.5) and msgpluslive 4.23 (for wlm 8.1)..  Neither my plugins for 3.63 or my scripts for msgpluslive will work even though they are enabled and configured in my preferences menus.

I dont get any sort of error in 3.63 the plugins just simply dont work.

For 4.23, I didn't think I was getting an error, but I just tried to load a script now, and it says this

[Image: 854198.jpg]

But after rebooting msn it doesnt work even though plus! says it's running.....

EDIT
I ran a winsock fix and that seemed to clear it up.