Shoutbox

MSN resetting - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN resetting (/showthread.php?tid=78281)

MSN resetting by Kaibitsu on 10-18-2007 at 09:59 AM

Hey, this problem just started approx. 30 minutes ago.

It originally started when I was in a conversation with my friend and suddenly I disconnected. I assumed I had temporarily lost my connection and soon reconnected. When I logged back in, my display name had been reset to default, my Display pic was removed and my Sub-nick had disappeared. I believed this was just because of my disconnection and my recent recovery from my MSN constantly "Not responding". I set everything back to how I had it and started talking again, but disconnected almost immediately. I relogged and became annoyed to find once again, my display name and pic were set to default and sub-nick removed. I repeated this process until I became sick of it and tried to see if it was me disconnecting that caused it. As a test I set a DP different to the default then signed out normally, I signed back in and it was once again set to default.

To put it simple, my MSN keeps resetting to default as if it was the first time I had used it every time I log on.

I don't know what's happening and I haven't installed/downloaded anything that may have caused it. I've been using MSN live for a long time but this is the first time it's happened. Anyone know anything?

RE: MSN resetting by MattyRid on 10-18-2007 at 10:23 AM

Contact's chace could be corrupt....try

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Try deleting Contacts cache.

My Computer. Tools > Folder Options > View tab > Show hidden files and folders

My Computer > Your hard drive (usually C:\) > Documents and Settings > [Your user] > Contacts > Delete the folder with your email address. Restart WLM.

RE: MSN resetting by Kaibitsu on 10-18-2007 at 06:45 PM

Probably was corrupt but deleting it didn't make a difference.

Any other suggestions?

RE: MSN resetting by YourNeibour on 10-19-2007 at 02:39 AM

you could try, deleting MSN/WLM completely from your computer including the folder and the registry settings and then re-installing it fresh

RE: MSN resetting by Kaibitsu on 10-19-2007 at 03:46 AM

Yeah I did that originally to try and stop the "not responding" problem and I got this latest problem just after re-installing.

RE: MSN resetting by strawberry.soup on 10-24-2007 at 02:47 AM

Mine does the same thing. It's been doing that for about a month now.  It gets really annoying after a while.

Good luck fixing it. I hope I can fix mine too.