Shoutbox

checkmessenger2.net - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: checkmessenger2.net (/showthread.php?tid=78294)

checkmessenger2.net by Onovav on 10-18-2007 at 03:43 PM

I used the checkmessenger2.net service for block checking.  I appreciate now this was silly.  However, does anyone know how to remove this spyware from their MSN account?  I'm not sure if it actually downloads anything onto the computer or if it only infects the MSN account (the second I think).

RE: checkmessenger2.net by Spunky on 10-18-2007 at 04:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Yahoo! answers
Hi,
You should use "NoAdware".It's very effective.I don't have anymore problems with spyware,pop-up,Trojan or viruses.Now, you can download and try for FREE.Check it out here:
http://noadware2007.notlong.com

Quick search on Google. :p

EDIT:

As much as I hate McAfee right now, they report the site as a phishing scam so they may now have your password and I would recommend changing it. I can't see any "bad downloads" though which means the file most liklely doesn't contain spyware and just causes "undesirable" results
RE: checkmessenger2.net by Chris4 on 10-18-2007 at 04:06 PM

Ad-aware SE Personal (the old version, compared to the 2007 version) is my favourite anti-spyware program. Use that and it will get rid of it. :)

RE: checkmessenger2.net by Onovav on 10-18-2007 at 05:41 PM

Noadaware has not solved the problem.  And I don't know how to download the Bittorrent client necessary to download the spyware removal program suggested in the last post.

Thanks

RE: checkmessenger2.net by heroesrox on 12-02-2007 at 05:09 AM

hey,
I had the same problem...All you have to do is change your password on your account, and i think it fixes it. It worked for me.

RE: checkmessenger2.net by exbox on 12-02-2007 at 02:21 PM

yes change your password ASAP!