Shoutbox

Gmail Drive - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gmail Drive (/showthread.php?tid=78307)

Gmail Drive by Th3rmal on 10-19-2007 at 07:39 AM

I just got gmail drive and i was wondering can this be used as a p2p file sharing kinda thing? like if i install gmail drive on 2 computers then log into an account on computer one, store a file in it, and then log into the same acc on the other computer will i be able to see that file?

RE: Gmail Drive by markee on 10-19-2007 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rm rulz
I just got gmail drive and i was wondering can this be used as a p2p file sharing kinda thing? like if i install gmail drive on 2 computers then log into an account on computer one, store a file in it, and then log into the same acc on the other computer will i be able to see that file?
I would expect so.  All it does is take your email and password to use your account as a drive and if you login with the same info then you should have no problems.
RE: Gmail Drive by Th3rmal on 10-19-2007 at 08:07 AM

ye thats what i thought too, thers only one downside, the speed is horrific...

RE: Gmail Drive by Volv on 10-19-2007 at 01:00 PM

It's probably better than the MSN file transfer alternative :p

RE: Gmail Drive by Voldemort on 10-19-2007 at 08:56 PM

Remote desktop connection's speed is decent

RE: Gmail Drive by Th3rmal on 10-20-2007 at 06:57 AM

but doesn't remote desktop require both computers to be on at the same time? i dont think gmail drive does i think u just log in anywhere from any computer and you can retrieve the files

RE: Gmail Drive by markee on 10-20-2007 at 07:46 AM

You could always burn some DVDs or use a USB as well....

RE: Gmail Drive by Th3rmal on 10-20-2007 at 07:50 AM

lol im aware of that, i wanted something that i could access anywhere without having to carry anything lol. gmail drive is only 147kb to download so im sure everyone can download it without a problem if need be

RE: Gmail Drive by andrewdodd13 on 10-20-2007 at 08:57 AM

Yeah you can do it, however eventually the account would likely get banned by G-Mail.

Use something like bzip2 and mega-upload, or something. Faster transfer rates.

RE: Gmail Drive by Th3rmal on 10-20-2007 at 09:16 AM

thats why i created an account on gmail that i dont use so i can just use it for gmail drive seeming as you can just sign up for an account without an invitation