Shoutbox

"An error occurred while working on the sound" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: "An error occurred while working on the sound" (/showthread.php?tid=78313)

"An error occurred while working on the sound" by pollolibredegrasa on 10-19-2007 at 08:29 PM

[Image: errorfm2.png]

I keep getting this error when trying to import specific sounds.

I've tried the original sound and got this error. Thinking it might be a bad sound I re-exported as a Wav and get the same thing.

WMP can play it on my computer, and it also allows me to preview the sound when browsing for it in the Custom Emotion Sound wizard, however after clicking next on the duration/quality screen this error appears. It's not just my computer, as vaccination gets the same error...

Any ideas?

I've also attached the sound I was trying to import, in case anybody wants to try it for themselves.

RE: "An error occurred while working on the sound" by Patchou on 10-19-2007 at 11:14 PM

The error is caused by the fact that your sound is using a non standard bitrate: 16,538hz instead of 16,000hz.

Messenger Plus! attempts to compensate for this kind of small errors up to 500hz. I updated it to support up to 600 so the next version will allow this sound to be imported.

RE: "An error occurred while working on the sound" by pollolibredegrasa on 10-19-2007 at 11:15 PM

Thanks for the info Patchou :)