Shoutbox

IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard (/showthread.php?tid=78314)

IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard by ahmetgns on 10-19-2007 at 09:15 PM

I want to use inline formatting in some of my messages, and I'm using IRC style format shortcuts. However after the formatted text, I want to continue my message with my original font and color. But if I, for instance, used the Ctrl+B to make one word bold, then I can't make the rest normal because it doesn't add special "Stop formatting tag" at the end.

No problem if I used BBCode style because those are already two sided tags.

No problem if I use Ctrl+R to show the Format Panel then select the formatting or highlight the word before using Ctrl+? shortcuts because it adds the special "Stop formatting tag" at the end magically.

I wish it would always add that special tag at the ends whereever and however we place those IRC tags, for example with Ctrl+B without highlighting the texts.

RE: IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard by ddunk on 10-19-2007 at 10:17 PM

If you place another ctrl+b character at the end of the word(s), it acts as a stop character. It's how irc formatting codes are meant to work.

RE: IRC formatting shortcuts doesn't add "stop formatting" tag when used from keyboard by ahmetgns on 10-20-2007 at 04:02 AM

Woow, thanks ddunk. That is what I want indeed :D