Shoutbox

News about Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Announcements (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+---- Forum: Announcements & News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+----- Forum: Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+------ Thread: News about Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=7839)

News about Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-08-2003 at 07:59 AM

Hello everyone,

the sun will rise in about two hours so I have some minutes to tell you about the advancements of Plus!... the next version to be released was supposed to be a minor update with translation added. Now, it's been transformed to one of the most major updates. There are several news things, that I'll let you disover when the new version is out along with the History file. Don't expect big new features but let's just say that Messenger Plus! has been improved a little by everywhere. This results in a better software so that you can enjoy it even more.

Of course, Translation is the main big feature of this version. In fact, the code is ready to be released, I'm just waiting for translators to finish their job. They are working hard so you can all thank them for that. Also, note that this version will be labeled 2.10 and won't be considered as a beta anymore. It's solid as a rock!

On a side note, as I already said in one of my latest posts, the new Messenger Plus! web site is being developed. It will contain helpful information like a rewritten FAQ page and a Tutorial section to help everyone to use the features of Plus!. Also, you'll be able to buy nice shirts from this site. Below is a sneak preview of one of the shirts... hope you like it :).

Note that because of the translation delay, the new version won't be released before another two weeks. It still meets the goal I fixed which was: before the end of April :). Thanks for your support everyone!

[Image: shirtdemo.jpg]

Patchou.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Tandy on 04-08-2003 at 10:00 AM

well done patchou

i congradulate you on your efforts

you have put a lot of work into this i understand

any idea how much the shirts will be??????

cheers mate have a good one

Tandy

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Johnny_Mac on 04-08-2003 at 10:08 AM

Hehe... knew the shirts questions(and the price) would be a popular reply... Just thought of that when writing my mess story. :banana:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Fragged on 04-08-2003 at 10:40 AM

Is that USD?

Good news on the next release though. We can all have a big 'official release' party.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-08-2003 at 10:59 AM

I like the shirt:rolleyes: When and where will we be able to buy it:huh::gfdrin:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Dadoef on 04-08-2003 at 12:39 PM

Great news Patchou.
So now your starting your own little enterprise. When will your second single come out? I liked the first one very much, Patate Spears. Can't wait for it to come out. ;-)
Keep up the good work!!!
:bow: Patchou :bow:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-08-2003 at 04:58 PM

The merchandising will be available in the new site together when the final version is released.

About the price, yes, probably will be around the one wtbw said. But there will be cheaper products as well that you'll be able to buy. So, don't worry. :gfdrin:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Freeze on 04-08-2003 at 05:16 PM

Cheaper products, like underwear with his face on it and his tongue out? :p

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Addo on 04-08-2003 at 06:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze

Hahhahaha, that'd be neat! :D
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-08-2003 at 06:17 PM

Yep, the shirts are $18.99 USD. That could have been cheaper but with less quality shirts. I wanted my marchandise to be high quality so that you don't lose the logo after two wash.

You'll be able to buy from the new web site, so, in about two weeks :). There will be mugs, stickers, bags, and different kind of shirts (men and women).

Patchou

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Johnny_Mac on 04-08-2003 at 06:58 PM

$18.99 United States Dollars
---------------Approimate Converstions----------------------
£12.30 Pounds Sterlling
€17.75 Euros
$34.80 NZ Dollars
$31.60 Austrilian Dollars
2,950 Spanish Pta.
900 Indian Re.

Obviously the cost from another country may be slightly higher with exchange rates.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-08-2003 at 07:12 PM

on that shirt there is a GRIN (:grin:), and we all want GFDRIN (:gfdrin:)!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

but great work anyways, Patchou!!!

I cant wait untill the new website and new:plus2: will come out!!! :P

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by PROGAME on 04-08-2003 at 07:59 PM

are you interested in a hebrew translation?

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Chrono on 04-08-2003 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Yep, the shirts are $18.99 USD. That could have been cheaper but with less quality shirts. I wanted my marchandise to be high quality so that you don't lose the logo after two wash.

You'll be able to buy from the new web site, so, in about two weeks :). There will be mugs, stickers, bags, and different kind of shirts (men and women).

Patchou

So we will finally receive our free tshirts Muss :lol: :refuck:

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by lizard.boy on 04-08-2003 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johnny_Mac
$18.99 United States Dollars
---------------Approimate Converstions----------------------
£12.30 Pounds Sterlling
€17.75 Euros
$34.80 NZ Dollars
$31.60 Austrilian Dollars
2,950 Spanish Pta.
900 Indian Re.

Obviously the cost from another country may be slightly higher with exchange rates.

and twice as much in canadian dollars.... stupid excahnge rate..  did u guys know that at one point the canadian dollar was worth more? that would be nice now :P  ;)
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by sock on 04-08-2003 at 09:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PROGAME

LOL, sorry bro, you're too late....:P

BTW, $18.99 US are equal to 88¼ New Israeli Shekels as of now, if anyone wanted to know.:P
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Dane on 04-08-2003 at 09:17 PM

:D@Tutorials
Maybe the newbies will not have to ask the same questions a mill times, lol!

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-08-2003 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PROGAME

there is already a hebrew translator, (sock) so dont worry that the final version will be in full hebrew as well. :)

And btw, the grin in the image is not a :grin:, its just a mixup between :grin: and :gfdrin:

:D
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-08-2003 at 10:30 PM

will there be any sort of arabic translation?

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-08-2003 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by crazihouse
will there be any sort of arabic translation?
Yes, the final version will have the arabic language. Though, your Windows version must be in arabic for it to work.
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Monarch on 04-09-2003 at 01:17 AM

is there Hindi Language Support????:-/:-/

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-09-2003 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Monarch

Yes. :)
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-09-2003 at 01:46 AM

About the translation feature, if you have Windows NT4/2000/XP, as long as you have the correct font installed, you'll be able to see any language. For Windows 95/98/Me, you'll need a Windows that supports the language you want to use (but obviously, if you want to read Arqabic, it means that your Windows can do it).

RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Monarch on 04-09-2003 at 03:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:
Originally posted by Monarch

Yes. :)

woh woh... u r great patchou:clap::many:
RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Muss on 04-09-2003 at 04:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono

quote:

Patchou

So we will finally receive our free tshirts Muss :lol: :refuck:

* Muss will be waiting by letterbox/door, and then I can finally pull a part a PS2 without having the fear of screwing it up :D

Cos it won't matter :lol:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-09-2003 at 04:46 AM

* Patchou goes into his storage room
* Patchou find the packet with "Muss" written on it
* Patchou erases "Muss" from the package

..no need to send a PS2 to someone that will break it :p

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Muss on 04-09-2003 at 04:55 AM

* Muss was meaning his own one :cry:

I would never take apart a brand new one, if I have an older one here :D

So no need to worry about that one being pulled apart :P

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by the non_spam fakedage on 04-09-2003 at 05:50 AM

Will there be a "pig-laten" Language Support

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Freeze on 04-09-2003 at 06:58 AM

Will there be Latin support? because i speak Latin... :'(

:p anywa, i'm waiting for those undies patchou... make em coming this way please! :p

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by fluffy_lobster on 04-09-2003 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SLim Shady
on that shirt there is a GRIN (:grin:), and we all want GFDRIN (:gfdrin:)!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'(

but great work anyways, Patchou!!!

I cant wait untill the new website and new:plus2: will come out!!! :P

I reckon we should just hav a big pixellated gfdrin like he used to have in his sig :p
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Johnny_Mac on 04-09-2003 at 08:48 AM

Maybe a list of all the langauges that Plus! will be translated to on a page somewhere... to stop all these "does it do <insert langauge here>?" messages?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by caravelle on 04-09-2003 at 09:54 AM

Will this new release works with Windows Messenger 5.0?

Thanks

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-09-2003 at 10:54 AM

yeah, i'm pretty sure it will work with Windows Messenger 5.0 ;)

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Muss on 04-09-2003 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by caravelle
Will this new release works with Windows Messenger 5.0?

Thanks

Windows Messenger 5 :undecided:

I doubt that it will, because the last version(s) haven't been able to, and Id on't think there has been any great break through as of yet with microsoft.

I could be wrong though :undecided:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-09-2003 at 11:03 AM

i think it will work :gfdrin:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-09-2003 at 11:07 AM

well, current Plus! 2.02.23 officialy does not work with Beta version of Windows Messenger 5.0 (with some people it does :-/), but i'm pretty sure that next release of Plus! will be Windows Messenger 5 (Beta) -compatible ;)

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Muss on 04-09-2003 at 11:17 AM

Unless Patchou has hinted at that himseld, then I don't see how you could come to that conclusion.

It is completely idiotic :refuck: :lol:

But as I have said, I don't think it will work, especially since Windows MEssenger is a beta copy, and shouldn't be avaliable to the public (or should it?, but that would make it a public release, not beta :undecided: )

And then it would be illegal that all the peopel have it, and patchou would be producing software that works with illegal software, which he doesn't want to do :refuck:

But again, I could be wrong :P

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-09-2003 at 11:26 AM

Patchou said he's working on the compatibility with the leaked beta version:rolleyes:and he said the next version of plus! should be compatible.

here goes http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=7807&pid=59697#pid59697

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-09-2003 at 12:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Muss
Unless Patchou has hinted at that himseld, then I don't see how you could come to that conclusion.

It is completely idiotic :refuck: :lol:

No, Muss, not this time :P
It is "completely idiotic" of *you*, 'cuz i "came to this conclusion" from what Patchou said :refuck: :lol:
quote:
Originally posted by Muss
But again, I could be wrong :P

You *are* wrong :P

0:1 for SLim Shady
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Menthix on 04-09-2003 at 06:24 PM

The new version WILL work on Windows Messenger 5.0 (as well as on all other MSN variants ofcourse).

I know because i'm running Plus! v2.02.29 with Windows Messenger v5.0.0149 together, and it runs very nice :D I just LOVE recieving alpha's in my mailbox :p

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-09-2003 at 06:55 PM

Yes, Muss, you are wrong. The next version (just as the current private betas) will work with Windows Messenger 5. This is not a conclusion, but a part of Patchou's version history.... :refuck:

quote:
* Patchou goes into his storage room
* Patchou find the packet with "Muss" written on it
* Patchou erases "Muss" from the package

..no need to send a PS2 to someone that will break it :p

:wave:

you know i wouldnt break it :angel:

you have my addy patch ;)

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-09-2003 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jae_x777
The new version WILL work on Windows Messenger 5.0 (as well as on all other MSN variants ofcourse).

I know because i'm running Plus! v2.02.29 with Windows Messenger v5.0.0149 together, and it runs very nice :D I just LOVE recieving alpha's in my mailbox :p

umm it's a beta :rolleyes:
RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Menthix on 04-09-2003 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 2Pac
umm it's a beta :rolleyes:
Okay, Private Beta then... because it isn't public availible like the Plus! beta that is up for download right now :p
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-09-2003 at 09:06 PM

yeah your right, but it's still called beta ;), it's only available for translators.

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-09-2003 at 11:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 2Pac
yeah your right, but it's still called beta ;), it's only available for translators.
not only... :refuck:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-09-2003 at 11:35 PM

:lol: and for some "special" people like you gfd :refuck:

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-09-2003 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Freeze

:lol: hey you never know :refuck: but i wouldn't buy that particular product.
Translation-Testers ? by Gott on 04-10-2003 at 01:28 AM

@Patchou

How many people are working on each translation?

If there are only a hand full translators working on each language I do NOT think that it is very wise to not release any more beta-versions before releasing the final!

I made horrible experiences with programm translations in the past and I really hate to recommend a great programm and then tell everybody not to use their native language but choose english, since the translation makes the programm nearly unusable.

For example Shareaza: It's a great programm, but for a long time the German translation was simply so bad, that lots of Germans kicked it of their machine. If there would have been no German translation at all it would probably have stayed since most German speak English rather well but most users don't bother to switch the UI-language of a programm just to check if other translations are better then the one of in their native language!

I really really recommend to release beta-versions of the translated versions so native speakers can test them and make recommendations for changes of the translation file!
Patchou, I don't know how good your for example German skills are, but I don't think that you will find flaws in every translation yourself. And just trusting the translators to do a perfect job doesn't make sense, translators make mistakes - often more then programmers. A test of the translation is IMHO extremely important.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by sock on 04-10-2003 at 01:53 AM

Oh noes....... Here comes another delay...........:-/

* sock slaps Gott around a bit with a large trout.

Are you mad?!?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-10-2003 at 03:11 AM

:lol: @ sock..

well its true [in fact, chromo made some annoying translation faults :dodgy: in spanish latinamerica] but releasing the final version of the code doesn't mean that patchou can't release a 2.1a version with updated languages some weeks later.

And believe me, errors in a such a long text file are likely to ocurr unless you do it very pausedly :-/

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by DXtremz on 04-10-2003 at 03:57 AM

O!!!! CHRONO MADE A TRANSLATION ERROR? How in the world did he do that? HE IS SPANISH!!! :P...Shame on you chrono :refuck:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 04-10-2003 at 07:48 AM

There won't be another beta version before the release since it would take monthes before all translations can be perfect. However, there will be a new section on the forum for translation.. mistakes found will be reported there so that I can fix them in the files... then, after some weeks, I'll release a new version with the corrections :). If a translation is judged very bad buy several people, I'll simply remove it until it's rewritten.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by nus on 04-10-2003 at 08:01 AM

we will wait, but some translators :many: (like me) want to start their work as soon as possible
:fire:(I want my e-mail or pm to start now!!!!)

:bow:Patchou: The Creator:bow:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by hitomi-_- on 04-10-2003 at 12:52 PM

:( so when r we gonna hav the translation rili

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-10-2003 at 01:35 PM

about one week, or a couple weeks:p

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by riball on 04-10-2003 at 03:41 PM

Are the languages gonna be integrated into Plus!?

or can you use them like plugins? that you can download the language file you want and you get a list of installed languages in Plus!

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-10-2003 at 07:44 PM

Both. I mean, probably some few languages will come with the installation file, but most will be available from the site, as otherwise it would add 1 or 2mb to the setup file :-/

Msgplus allows languages to be added later.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by riball on 04-10-2003 at 08:36 PM

maybe a good idea that ppl can make their own language files

with their own description?!

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by DXtremz on 04-10-2003 at 08:38 PM

Wouldnt that get a little out of hand?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-10-2003 at 08:41 PM

that will be really bad idea. Just imagine how will i explain somethin' to person who has "what the fuck???" instead of "Preferences"??? :refuck: :lol:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by DXtremz on 04-10-2003 at 08:42 PM

LOL...:refuck:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by WDZ on 04-10-2003 at 10:21 PM

Currently you can create your own languages by adding files... I think Patchou should keep that possible in the final version... :-/

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by bloodymarvelous on 04-11-2003 at 01:00 AM

The whole point of having multiple translators is to divide the workload, and have it checked by peers. Patchou specifically mentioned that all translators must master English as well as the language their translating into.

(Of course that does mean that all translators should first contact each other before translation begins, and not like with the Japanese translation where most translators either don't respond or say they're too busy to be bothered. Which meant that two people had to do all the work and go over the file 20 times to filter out all the errors...)

By the way, the Japanese translation should be absolutely perfect, mostly thanks to Kensuke Nezu, who did most of the translation.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by the non_spam fakedage on 04-11-2003 at 02:19 AM

Who speaks laten here

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by DXtremz on 04-11-2003 at 02:21 AM

I know a little bit, but I dont know enough to speak it...Do you speak Latin...its a dead language...so Im guessing you dont...

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by hitomi-_- on 04-11-2003 at 04:36 AM

haha i know one latin word from southpark haha it sucks
but we dun need a latin version rite?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Dxtrçmz on 04-11-2003 at 05:06 AM

There would be no point in a Latin one, Latin is a dead language...

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by fluffy_lobster on 04-11-2003 at 02:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dxtrçmz
There would be no point in a Latin one, Latin is a dead language...

this is a joke taken too far :tongue::undecided:
so will this final version have plusscript?  [ack... 'Script? Did I hear Script?' thread closed]
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-11-2003 at 02:45 PM

perhaps not i think...but maybe in Plus! 3...:refuck:
anyway Patchou's been busy enough:lol:

"Living and Dead Languages" is an article appeared in my junior high school English textbook...I think book 4(8th grade) or book 5(9th grade):rolleyes:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by chrisbloe on 04-11-2003 at 06:57 PM

Soz if someone has sed this already, but I'm having problems with the very latest version on Messenger... it means that the message saving facility doesn't work

any takes on this 1?

Kris

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-11-2003 at 07:14 PM

About the latin thing, if someone really cares having Messenger PLus in latin, go and make it :P..

when the final is out you'll be able to make your own languages, so... :)

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 3DCS on 04-12-2003 at 01:13 AM

is day gonna put messenga in hill billay?

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-12-2003 at 01:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by chrisbloe
Soz if someone has sed this already, but I'm having problems with the very latest version on Messenger... it means that the message saving facility doesn't work

any takes on this 1?

Kris

If you meant Windows Messenger 5, current releases of Plus! aren't compatible with it. But Patchou said he would work on the compatibility with it.
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by WDZ on 04-12-2003 at 01:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by 3DCS
is day gonna put messenga in hill billay?

Argh... I hope not... that would be a disgrace to such a professional piece of software... :refuck:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 3DCS on 04-12-2003 at 01:35 AM

LMAO yea

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-12-2003 at 04:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
About the latin thing, if someone really cares having Messenger PLus in latin, go and make it :P..

when the final is out you'll be able to make your own languages, so... :)

:lol: who the hell speaks latin, maybe some doctors do ;), but i don't think they'll use Plus! they'll be spending their $$$ :refuck:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by chrisbloe on 04-12-2003 at 09:27 AM

When I said the latest version, I meant version 5.0.0.0544. In all previous revisions I had no problem, but this latest revision has caused many, the Auto Away message is also giving me problems, as once I put it on it will not come off, and now I cant even put it on at all!

ne takers?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-12-2003 at 09:33 AM

someone encountered this problem before...they un-install plus and re-install it again to solve. Though I don't suggest doing so. If you have evidence that only installing 5.0.0544 is the cause of this problem, perhaps you can try PMing Patchou and describe the problem.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 09:44 AM

He folks,

I have a question: which languages will be supported?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-12-2003 at 09:59 AM

It's a list from Patchou:

Afrikaans
Albanian
Arabic
Bengali
Bulgarian
Catalan
Simp. Chi.
Trad. Chi.
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Estonian
Euskera
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hindi
Hungarian
Icelandic
Indonesian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Kurdish
Lebanese
Lithuanian
Norwegian
Persian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Bosnian
Croatian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish
Swedish
Tagalog
Thai
Turkish
Urdu

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 10:08 AM

Whow man, that's one hell of a list :). Is that all gonna be supported in one version? So will all the supported languages be installed on your pc, or do you have to choose during de installation, so that only one language is installed?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-12-2003 at 10:32 AM

You'll have to choose the language you want to use during the installation:gfdrin:Just like Patchou said in another thread, every language has a 30KB of language file.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 10:50 AM

Yes, ok thnx, i'm new here on the forum so haven't read all the (important) threads.

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Johnny_Mac on 04-12-2003 at 01:17 PM

quote:

Oh... that version works with Windows Messenger?

I didnt realise...

Johnny_Mac goes and installs Windows Messenger 5. :P
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 01:40 PM

I've got msn messenger 5. What functions has windows messenger more than msn messenger that could possibly be handy for just a normal computer user as i am? :grin: :type:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-12-2003 at 03:04 PM

there is so called "ink" function, you can write with hand in "Type message here" box, and send the text... but i am afraid it is only TabletPC-supported feature. You can recieve handwritten messages on any PC, but i think you can send them only from TabletPC, i dunno exactly... :-/

you can also log chats automatically, but this you can do already with:plus2:. I think there are some more small extra-features, but i'm not sure...

Al least, what is *really* fucked, the interface is not changed at all!!!

Maybe it is not changed because it is Beta, i hope so... al least, if final version comes with such an ugly interface, i will keep using MSN Messenger 5.0 even besides Windows Messenger 5.0 is better :@

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 03:21 PM

I prefer :plus2: with all it's special fuctions. Here is a list with some special functions of Windows messenger, that MSN messenger doesn't have: http://messenger.msn.com/support/features2.asp?client=0

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-12-2003 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Markus
I prefer :plus2: with all it's special fuctions. Here is a list with some special functions of Windows messenger, that MSN messenger doesn't have: http://messenger.msn.com/support/features2.asp?client=0

yes, but windows messenger 5 has different (more) features
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-12-2003 at 08:12 PM

Yeah, function that normal computer users like me don't use u mean. :gfdrin:
:plus2: has function that is use, and which are very handy for non-business people.

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-13-2003 at 01:24 AM

quote:
Yeah, function that normal computer users like me don't use u mean. :gfdrin:
Exactly. :wink:
quote:
:plus2: has function that is use, and which are very handy for non-business people.

and for business people too :P
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-13-2003 at 10:34 AM

Now we're all talking about the wonderful functions of :plus2: under the topic named "News about Messenger Plus", but isn't there some real news to post???

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-13-2003 at 10:39 AM

the news is from Patchou:)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=7839&pid=59543

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-13-2003 at 10:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
the news is from Patchou:)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=7839&pid=59543

That link, links to the begin of this same topic :D
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by peter299004 on 04-15-2003 at 12:36 PM

When is the new msn plus coming out?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-15-2003 at 12:53 PM

About one or two or more weeks, but I suppose by the end of April.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-15-2003 at 01:06 PM

Yeah nice, will the new msn have a differd style / different look, then the beta?

BTW, IT'S NICE WARM HERE IN THE NETHERLANDS!!!!! (24ºC)

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-15-2003 at 02:17 PM

No I don't think so...Plus! never and will never add skins or any new looks on Messenger...:(

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-15-2003 at 02:20 PM

no i mean the preference window and so....

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Menthix on 04-15-2003 at 06:21 PM

No, no real huge diffrences that you will be able to see (except for multi-language support ofcourse).
The main thing that happens from beta to final version is squishing all the bugs that are left :)

And by the way... very nice weather in holland indeed.... to bad i had school half of the day :(

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by billywoods1 on 04-15-2003 at 06:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mnjul
Afrikaans
Albanian
Arabic
Bengali
Bulgarian
Catalan
Simp. Chi.
Trad. Chi.
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Estonian
Euskera
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hindi
Hungarian
Icelandic
Indonesian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Kurdish
Lebanese
Lithuanian
Norwegian
Persian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Bosnian
Croatian
Serbian
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish
Swedish
Tagalog
Thai
Turkish
Urdu

Not English then? ;)

Well, even though it is in English (which is the only language I speak) I'm gonna install it in French. Just to be strange.

Well, at least I won't install it in 'Tagalog'. Never even heard of it! :D

Hey, I know it's a bit late but here's an idea for Patchou - how about you do what Microsoft does with messenger? Save all messages and anything text in a big file, and just download the file to change your language. It'd be a hell of a lot quicker. (I think messenger's language file is called MSGSLANG.DLL, and it's in the messenger folder. You can hex-edit it to say what you want ;))

RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-15-2003 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
I think messenger's language file is called MSGSLANG.DLL, and it's in the messenger folder. You can hex-edit it to say what you want ;))
* Guido goes to the About Dialog...

* Guido changes "©Microsoft" for "©Patchou"... :gfdrin:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by peter299004 on 04-15-2003 at 08:54 PM

will there be more sounds?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-15-2003 at 09:01 PM

Yes!!!

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by tomfletcherman on 04-15-2003 at 09:13 PM

hi every1, gr8 wrk on plus nd the language thing sounds kool. i think ill choose spanish lol.  patchou cud wrk on making a language changer 4 plus users 2 use which wud cut the release d8 by a bit. ne more developments on tweak plus? i am dying 4 a nu version lol. 1 other thign i think shud b included is a noughts nd crosses game. it wud b based on a clever memory/quicktxt insert feature. the game board wud b refreshed after every go:

------------------------------------
|              |              |              |
|      x      |              |              |
|              |              |              |                 <------ in a msg window
|      o      |      o      |      o      |
------------------------------------                     wen sum1 wins, the txt
|              |              |               |                       '<username> wins'
|              |              |       x       |                         is displayed
|              |              |               |

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-15-2003 at 09:22 PM

I don't understand your language suggestion, tomfletcherman... :-/

The multilanguage feature is already done and will be available in the new version...

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by tomfletcherman on 04-15-2003 at 09:25 PM

the way u sorta create u own txt file 4 it th@ inserts ur language in. so in theory u cud hav ur own weird language or pig latin or sumthing. cud b done in a tbl:

plus!----->us!play 
(pig latin)

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by billywoods1 on 04-15-2003 at 09:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
1 other thign i think shud b included is a noughts nd crosses game.

Doesn't a piece of paper suffice for noughts and crosses? Or do you really wish to engage in a challenging game of noughts and crosses with people you've never met from distant countries? :P

By the way, have you ever tried to code noughts and crosses? It's the most bloody annoying thing to code ever (especially in VB)! It's simple... but computers just DON'T get it! ;)

Well, they wouldn't, they're all 95% microsoft...

Edit: and by the way, by my text file suggestion, I wasn't trying to hurry the release up, I was simply trying to make it easier to switch languages. I'm mad like that, you see. I like to have 25 different languages at my fingertips, even if I can't read 24 of them. :P
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-16-2003 at 01:49 AM

quote:
the way u sorta create u own txt file 4 it th@ inserts ur language in. so in theory u cud hav ur own weird language or pig latin or sumthing. cud b done in a tbl:

plus!----->us!play 
(pig latin)

That's already possible (well, not already, but will be in the new version).

quote:
Originally posted by billywoods1
have you ever tried to code noughts and crosses?
but patchou would not need to code the game, because both players are human
RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by segosa on 04-16-2003 at 06:39 AM

quote:
By the way, have you ever tried to code noughts and crosses? It's the most bloody annoying thing to code ever (especially in VB)! It's simple... but computers just DON'T get it! ;)

lol, its easy if its human players, even I, the VB n00b, managed to make a noughts and crosses game in VB. I attached it :p
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-16-2003 at 06:50 AM

Where's the real news???

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by tomfletcherman on 04-16-2003 at 05:42 PM

i do like playing ppl from all ova the world @ a challenging game of noughts and crosses:p. i get bored easily. im downloading th@ vb noughts nd crosses. im not a game addict, i jst rlly do live infront of a pc 4 around 3 hours a day.

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-17-2003 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Where's the real news???

in the first page...? :rolleyes:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Reba on 04-17-2003 at 12:58 AM

billywoods said:

Well, at least I won't install it in 'Tagalog'. Never even heard of it!

Tagalog is spoke in the Phillipines, on the island of Luzon.

Reba

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by ale_vega on 04-17-2003 at 02:31 AM

Well. you know, I'm new in here and I really would like to know some cool things to do with Messenger Plus but I don't know where to find about that. Can someone please help me.
P.D. Oh!!! Hey I'm Mexican and I hope you to forgive me if I make one mistake or something like that.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-17-2003 at 12:39 PM

If u want some links, check these...

The following links are copied from Koala Blue's post.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Koala Blue
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/extras.htm

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/nickcolor.html

http://66.11.174.217/Nick/

http://eserver.globecom.com.au/~koalablue/Web/Plus!%20Commands.htm

http://eserver.globecom.com.au/~koalablue/Web/Plus%20SpecialTags.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[And to Koala Blue; All the links are working :P]

RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-17-2003 at 12:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gfd
quote:
Where's the real news???

in the first page...? :rolleyes:

[Image: 3ddisgust3.gif]

Duh, but when will there be a new update with fresh new news :gfdrin:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Menthix on 04-17-2003 at 06:32 PM

Well... i suppose i can quote some real new... this message was sent yesterday to all of the translators working on the translation of Messenger Plus!...

quote:
Hello,

time's up! if you haven't sent me back the latest version of your language file already, the deadline is next Friday, April 18th. No new language will be be accepted after this date. Please remember to add the new section and keys specified in my previous emails.

This weekend, I'll release the last beta version, with all your languages. I plan to join a small tool I'll do specifically for you so that you can quickly ensure you didn't forgot to translate anything.

Thanks!
Patchou.

So we get one more beta version this weekend (monday for most timezones)... dunno if the beta will be prublic or private.. we'll see.
anywayz, i'll keep ya updated.
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-17-2003 at 06:52 PM

Urh... are you allowed to copy-paste patchou's mails? :-/

Sorry if you can, just wondering...

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Menthix on 04-17-2003 at 06:59 PM

technically i'm not... but i don't think he will mnake a problem out of it? The mail i quoted doesn't contain any confedential data.

I have Patchou on my list, i ask him when i see him... all of patchou's mass-mails are send from my system anywayz...
(me is hosting the PHP script that takes care of the emails to the translators)

RE: RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by billywoods1 on 04-17-2003 at 07:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by segosa
quote:

lol, its easy if its human players, even I, the VB n00b, managed to make a noughts and crosses game in VB. I attached it :p

I didn't say I couldn't do it. I have done it. I was just saying that for such a simple game, it takes too much code...
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-17-2003 at 08:02 PM

quote:
(me is hosting the PHP script that takes care of the emails to the translators)
lol, and i thought he mailed us with outlook... :lol:
RE: RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by dom. on 04-17-2003 at 11:25 PM

quote:

Lol, i member segosa :wink:
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by segosa on 04-18-2003 at 06:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Raddie
quote:

Lol, i member segosa :wink:

"member"? lol
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by riball on 04-18-2003 at 07:38 AM

[OFFTOPIC]

Uhmm raddie you need to put a capital R in ur sig...

Raddie.jpg ;)

[/OFFTOPIC]

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by matter on 04-18-2003 at 10:44 PM

quote:

quote:
Hello,

time's up! if you haven't sent me back the latest version of your language file already, the deadline is next Friday, April 18th. No new language will be be accepted after this date. Please remember to add the new section and keys specified in my previous emails.

This weekend, I'll release the last beta version, with all your languages. I plan to join a small tool I'll do specifically for you so that you can quickly ensure you didn't forgot to translate anything.

Thanks!
Patchou.

So we get one more beta version this weekend (monday for most timezones)... dunno if the beta will be prublic or private.. we'll see.
anywayz, i'll keep ya updated.

It's the 18 th over here in canada.. Where would the beta be... I havn't seen any news of where to get it... Unless it is private ( In that case.. plz don't get mad with me...:D). Hopfully it's get a case of a delay. Cause i got the version thats been hear a while.. ...02.23 unless that the last every coming out.. Now that would sux.
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-19-2003 at 12:03 AM

No, in about one or two weeks the new version (final 2.1-not beta) will be out.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by 2Pac on 04-19-2003 at 06:26 AM

I don't think the beta will go public.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by user13774 on 04-19-2003 at 09:01 AM

BTW, can u upgrade ur current version of msn plus with the new msn plus (non beta, when it will be released), or do u have to uninstall the previous version?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by WDZ on 04-19-2003 at 09:10 AM

All previous versions just replaced each other, so this one shouldn't be any different...

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by ShadowHAwk1337 on 04-19-2003 at 12:33 PM

Hey, I'm new here, but how do you do those messages where they talk

e.g. /shello, /sbrb, etc.

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-19-2003 at 01:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShadowHAwk1337
Hey, I'm new here, but how do you do those messages where they talk

e.g. /shello, /sbrb, etc.

Here it is http://shoutbox.menthix.net/extras.htm
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by debqb1 on 04-19-2003 at 08:10 PM

i wanna a tshirt lol can show off new shape 130 lbs lighter lol....hugs deb

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-20-2003 at 03:27 AM

*dying* cant... wait... for... msg plus... to... come... out... with... new... website... *dying*

*last breath* hail....... patchou......................... *last breath*

*heartbeat machine* deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet *heartbeat machine*

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-20-2003 at 03:44 AM

quote:
*dying* cant... wait... for... msg plus... to... come... out... with... new... website... *dying*

Patchou, you seem to kill some eager people:gfdrin:
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Guido on 04-20-2003 at 04:32 AM

quote:

:lol:

wow... one member less in the forums :-/ :refuck:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-20-2003 at 05:03 AM

no its alright.. doctors got me back :refuck:

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-20-2003 at 05:28 AM

quote:
no its alright.. doctors got me back :refuck:

I thought the only doctor for you is Patchou:refuck:
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-20-2003 at 05:39 AM

zoom!

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by tomfletcherman on 04-20-2003 at 08:04 AM

ive seen advanced messenger plus on the net, nd it look pretty similar 2 msn plus, is it by the same author or wat? im rlly confused ova it, but i prefer msn  plus, nd its free:D

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-20-2003 at 08:34 AM

quote:
ive seen advanced messenger plus on the net, nd it look pretty similar 2 msn plus, is it by the same author or wat? im rlly confused ova it, but i prefer msn  plus, nd its free:D

It's a function-lacked, money-asking rip-off from Plus.
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Barisko on 04-20-2003 at 10:53 AM

So, as for now, what is the release date of the new Messenger Plus!?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-20-2003 at 11:43 AM

We don't know. Hopefully by the end of April.

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-20-2003 at 04:40 PM

you better release it fast, otherwise, we will see a deja vue :grin:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Freeze on 04-20-2003 at 05:22 PM

III WANT CANDYYYY
No, more like msngr+ !!!!!

gimme gimme *drool*
see, i cant take it no more :/

GRAAH THE TENSION

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by tomfletcherman on 04-20-2003 at 08:42 PM

my plus menu has jst done a runner lol, its not ther. everything wrking fine, its only disappeared in my contact list. im using win me, nd the l8est version, jst wanna kno y its gone missing nd the ads @ the bottom r bak

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by billywoods1 on 04-20-2003 at 09:34 PM

It's done a runner? :S Isn't it strange how programs do that?

Make sure it's still installed :P if it is, reinstall it!

That's all I can say!

By the way, Patchou, hurry up and release the full version of Plus, we've all been waiting for ages, using this 'beta' version which you have known for ages is as solid as a rock... and the translators have finished, haven't they?
Hurry up :blah:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-21-2003 at 10:27 AM

Yes the translation work is all finished;)We now have the last chance to find faults.:|

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Pure_BY on 04-21-2003 at 10:35 AM

Nah... not really the last i think, Patchou said he still will make some updates after the final version, but "he will take a break" :D

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by crazihouse on 04-21-2003 at 03:21 PM

esti de tabernaccccccccccc
cant wait for msgplus final to come out!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Åmy on 04-23-2003 at 04:21 AM

how can i become a full member?

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Azz Kikr on 04-23-2003 at 10:19 AM

Hi every one im new to this program but i still think it rocks i was wondering if someone knows anything about the /sdoh and /sevillaugh i like them alot and i was wondering if there are ne more than jsut thos 2

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-23-2003 at 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Azz Kikr
Hi every one im new to this program but i still think it rocks i was wondering if someone knows anything about the /sdoh and /sevillaugh i like them alot and i was wondering if there are ne more than jsut thos 2

check here http://shoutbox.menthix.net/extras.htm
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-23-2003 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Åmy
how can i become a full member?

check here

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=3416

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by mikkeltj on 04-23-2003 at 01:31 PM

HAI ALL  DOES SOME OF U GOT ANY COMAND'S I DONT GOT

u know:

/skiss
/sevillaugh
/sbrb
/sdoh
/shello

THAT KIND OF COMANDS.. I WOULD BE _REALLY_ HAPPY IF U WOULD SEND ME SOME OTHER COMANDS THAN THOSE I ALREADY GOT (/skiss, /sevillaugh, /sbrb, /sdoh, )/shello

THANK U... MIKKEL FROM DENMARK :p

RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 04-23-2003 at 01:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikkeltj

u know:

/skiss
/sevillaugh
/sbrb
/sdoh
/shello

THAT KIND OF COMANDS.. I WOULD BE _REALLY_ HAPPY IF U WOULD SEND ME SOME OTHER COMANDS THAN THOSE I ALREADY GOT (/skiss, /sevillaugh, /sbrb, /sdoh, )/shello

you've already got all the five sound commands Plus! has currently...for more details, check http://shoutbox.menthix.net/extras.htm
RE: RE: News about Messenger Plus! by billywoods1 on 04-23-2003 at 09:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mikkeltj

u know:

/skiss
/sevillaugh
/sbrb
/sdoh
/shello

You've got all the sounds, BUT there is one more command - /sconfig. This lets you turn the sounds on and off if someone's annoying you with them. :P
RE: News about Messenger Plus! by flirtatious_03 on 04-24-2003 at 10:56 AM

great job! (y)

RE: News about Messenger Plus! by Johnny_Mac on 04-25-2003 at 08:29 AM

More news about multi-langauges support and Patchou's new website.

Find out more here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=9044

Topic Closed