Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Appear Online/Offline to Specific Contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Appear Online/Offline to Specific Contacts (/showthread.php?tid=78422)

[Suggestion] Appear Online/Offline to Specific Contacts by 616e6f6e on 10-24-2007 at 10:47 PM

I'm not sure if the MsgPlus! extension could do this even if the developers wanted to haha, but here goes:

I sometimes find that I want to log into MSN to send a file to a particular contact, but I don't want to start conversations with everyone else at the same time, especially if I'm in a rush or I'm very busy (or I just don't want to be bothered).  Appearing offline allows you to chat with specific people while remaining hidden, but you cannot send files or play games in this mode.  Perhaps the ability to select a user when in "Offline" mode and have an option like "Appear Online to This Contact" would solve the problem(s).  I think either a right-click option on the contact's name, or a button in the conversation window would be quite handy.

Just a thought.

Thanks for reading :)

RE: [Suggestion] Appear Online/Offline to Specific Contacts by albert on 10-24-2007 at 11:12 PM

The windows live messenger protocol would not allow it. What you could do though, is actually block the people you don't want to speak to, and appear as busy.

RE: RE: [Suggestion] Appear Online/Offline to Specific Contacts by 616e6f6e on 10-24-2007 at 11:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by albert
The windows live messenger protocol would not allow it. What you could do though, is actually block the people you don't want to speak to, and appear as busy.

Currently I use the block method, and I guess that's the way it's gotta be! hehe

Cheers ;)