Shoutbox

[Suggestion] block custom emoticons per contact - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] block custom emoticons per contact (/showthread.php?tid=78490)

[Suggestion] block custom emoticons per contact by DizzyWeb on 10-28-2007 at 11:35 AM

99% of the people in my contact list are "emoticon-friendly", but every once in a while there are people that just abuse the custom emoticons and make their chats practically unreadable. They make you want to turn custom emoticons off. However... I love custom emoticons, just not the ones from that particular person. And kicking them out of my list is a bit too much, really.

So, I'd like to have the ability to switch off custom emoticons for a particular person, so that they don't show up in conversations with that person. Not sure if it's even possible, but hey, suggesting is the least I can do ;)

RE: [Suggestion] block custom emoticons per contact by NanaFreak on 10-28-2007 at 11:38 AM

im quite sure that is not possible...

RE: [Suggestion] block custom emoticons per contact by Spunky on 10-28-2007 at 12:37 PM

it is possible... If contact = "someone@hotmail.com" replace <emoticon text> with "". Only problem is you would need to manually block each one and it seems kinda complicated

EDIT: Besides I think it still send the emoticon, this would just stop it from displaying