Shoutbox

Different accounts, different resolution. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Different accounts, different resolution. (/showthread.php?tid=78527)

Different accounts, different resolution. by Nagamasa on 10-30-2007 at 12:21 AM

Is there a way to have account A in resolution A, and yet automatically switch to resolution B when I switch to account B? I do not want to see resolution A when I am on account B.

I want to do this as I have two cloning monitors of different res. (1280.1024 and 1024.768 tb exact) which are to be facing opposite directions. I do NOT care if one monitor is out of focus, as long as the other is in focus.

RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by -dt- on 10-30-2007 at 12:34 AM

download Ultramon and setup a display profile then tick the "apply on login" checkbox

RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by Nagamasa on 10-31-2007 at 12:03 AM

Is there a "free" alternative?

(note the quotes :P)

RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by MeEtc on 10-31-2007 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagamasa
Is there a "free" alternative?

yup ;)
RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by Nagamasa on 11-17-2007 at 09:49 PM

Well now that I got Ultramon for a "price",

How can I get it so that the login screen is shown on both monitors?

RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by lizard.boy on 11-17-2007 at 10:36 PM

is there really a purpose to that? By default windows only shows a logon screen on a single monitor, black on the other. (XP, not sure about Vista). If you really wanted to you could switch your profile back to a mirrored setup on exit.

RE: Different accounts, different resolution. by Nagamasa on 11-19-2007 at 02:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lizard.boy
is there really a purpose to that?
Yes. Because my mom is gonna be using it from her side of the desks, and I sometimes use it from my side of the desks, so when she needs it...I can log off and give it her onto her screen.