Shoutbox

Video Effect - Tv Off Effect - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect (/showthread.php?tid=78539)

Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by M73A on 10-30-2007 at 04:13 PM

How can i edit a video clip so it does that thing old tv tubes used to do, where it goes from full screen to a small circle in the middle before turning off?

Thanks

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by Spunky on 10-30-2007 at 05:01 PM

Isn't there a transition to do it? Just put a black static image and transition...

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by Quantum on 10-30-2007 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SpunkyLoveMuff
Isn't there a transition to do it? Just put a black static image and transition...

Yes it can be done using windows movie maker even. As SLM said its just a transition to a black image. You can also add a sound to. To make it more real you can use like a flash on it as well. I dont think you can do that with windows media. Are you using windows?
RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by M73A on 10-30-2007 at 06:43 PM

i can use windows or a mac...

erm, i have no experience with movie maker, is it easy? i dont want to just fade to black, i wanted it to like a television not just a transition...

maybe it would be possible to make the picture shrink to a vertically so all there is is a line __________________ which then shrinks horizontaly and flashes off to black?

im not to good with creating effects with video, complete 'newb' as it were.

Thanks

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by pollolibredegrasa on 10-30-2007 at 07:21 PM

If you have After Effects, this link may help. Looks good from the tut, but I haven't got After Effects so I can't really tell how useful it is :P

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by M73A on 10-30-2007 at 07:24 PM

lol i dont have enough ram for after effects :(

i think thats exactely what im looking for, any way to do it on a low end pc? or on a mac

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by Lourix on 10-30-2007 at 07:42 PM

I think Windows Movie Maker is your best choice, its easy to use, if you have it.

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by rav0 on 10-31-2007 at 10:29 AM

You could look for a video that has that effect in it, and take that and stick it onto your video (maybe at the very end of your clip have it go all bright/white like a camera flash so that it goes together better).

I don't know what you want to do with it, but maybe you can use a different technique to the same effect. Just cut to a screen of static/snow/noise and do the same with audio as well (a click then white noise).

RE: Video Effect - Tv Off Effect by M73A on 10-31-2007 at 06:28 PM

someone whos working on the video with me has got hold of after effects and is going to use the tutorial from above

:D