Shoutbox

Picture Security!!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Picture Security!!! (/showthread.php?tid=78682)

Picture Security!!! by asim on 11-03-2007 at 11:36 AM

wel, i m just wonderiing how do i can prevent others to save my dp picture?? plz if anyone know help me in this.

regards

RE: Picture Security!!! by Felu on 11-03-2007 at 11:43 AM

Sorry thats not possible. If they can view it, they can save it. If you don't want others to be able to save your dp, just remove it.

RE: Picture Security!!! by exbox on 11-03-2007 at 04:39 PM

sounds like you're pissed off cause someone stole your picture or something?

ok, the bad news is that there is really no way to stop people taking your pictures. if you dont want the pic taken by anyone, keep it to yourself and dont put it in msn...

once you do put it in msn, it can be take, for example with the display pictures stealer program or even simply just copying from the screen.

like felu said, just remove it (H)

RE: Picture Security!!! by RaceProUK on 11-04-2007 at 01:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Felu
If they can view it
It's already on their machine, as it's downloaded into Temporary Internet Files.
RE: RE: Picture Security!!! by vikke on 11-04-2007 at 01:07 PM

If you're scared of someone taking it as their own DP, you can just add your own name to the DP using Paint. I don't think anyone will use it. :)

RE: RE: Picture Security!!! by andrewdodd13 on 11-04-2007 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaceProUK
quote:
Originally posted by Felu
If they can view it
It's already on their machine, as it's downloaded into Temporary Internet Files.
This is wrong, the temporary display pictures should not be downloaded to the TIF folder. At least on Windows XP, and I'd say it's highly likely to be the same on Vista. The only things which might possibly be cached in TIF are banner ads at the bottom of the MSN window, as they use JavaScript, etc, and you can occasionally hear the IE "changing page" sound when they change.

Temporary display pictures are cached into a special user profile directory for MSN.

Unless of course you're using IE to connect to MSN, in the case of Web Messenger, or whatever.
RE: Picture Security!!! by x2zen on 11-04-2007 at 03:36 PM

Actually, RaceProUK was sort of right.

MSN builds used Temporary Internet Files to store Display Pictures.

WLM builds use %temp%\MessengerCache

RE: Picture Security!!! by exbox on 11-04-2007 at 04:05 PM

like its been said, if they can view the display picture, they can take it, thats all that should matter, from your 'security' point of view...

RE: Picture Security!!! by asim on 11-06-2007 at 01:57 PM

wel, thx guyz its quite disspointing for me ...coz galzz love my pix and show otherz that hez my bf and em getting notorious for nthing once ov my gf alredy get pissed off it coz she seen my pic on her frenz dp ....:( lol

niwazzz thx

RE: Picture Security!!! by exbox on 11-06-2007 at 02:53 PM

hahahahahahahahhahaa... not sure if im laughing because what you just is hilarious, or....

just keep yourself away from your Display Picture :)

you never know who might be selling those pics for big money $$$$

RE: Picture Security!!! by Quantum on 11-06-2007 at 04:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by exbox
hahahahahahahahhahaa... not sure if im laughing because what you just is hilarious, or....

just keep yourself away from your Display Picture :)

you never know who might be selling those pics for big money $$$$

I've never heard of people selling display pictures before? Who would want to do that?

btw every thing you see on your pc is stored somewere and you can get it!