Shoutbox

MSN PHP class - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN PHP class (/showthread.php?tid=78729)

MSN PHP class by MeEtc on 11-04-2007 at 03:09 PM

I have been tying to do a few things with YASS recently that use a PHP based class that connects to the MSN network, to allow sending of messages. Unfortunately, as of a few days ago, I have been unable to connect due to authentication errors. I have 2 different scripts that are giving me the same basic error.

Any ideas? Perhaps Microsoft changed something in the protocol recently?
Anyone who wants the classes to test, send me a PM

RE: MSN PHP class by Felu on 11-04-2007 at 04:22 PM

I've worked with it and have successfully signed in with MSNP13, though i didn't try other functions. Try to catch me whenever i'm online on mesenger :).

RE: MSN PHP class by MeEtc on 11-06-2007 at 05:07 PM

So, I think I can narrow it down to this: trying to open a socket connection to messenger.hotmail.com:1863 is failing.
Is this the primary connection method to MSN's servers, or should it be changed?

RE: MSN PHP class by felipEx on 11-06-2007 at 06:36 PM

Are you using the sendMsg class?

I've tested it on localhost using WAMP with SSL support (php_openssl, a PHP extension ) and it works fine

:)

RE: MSN PHP class by MeEtc on 11-06-2007 at 06:58 PM

I am using some kind of variant to the sendMsg class (It looks very similar to what I'm using) as one of the scripts I tested, on both WAMP and on dreamhost. localhost has never worked for me, but DH did once before.

Also, http://sandbox.fanatic.net.nz/sendMsg/index.php is not working either it seems. I have tried 2 different passport accounts to try to send a message too, and with no luck.

EDIT: hmm, nvm, it seems to be working on localhost now, which is much surprising!