Shoutbox

Quick Texts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Quick Texts (/showthread.php?tid=78731)

Quick Texts by Clarkooo.1 on 11-04-2007 at 03:32 PM

On Messenger Plus! Live I have Quick Texts configured as so..(Click Here To View My Configuration)

But whenever I try to send somebody a link such as http://www.google.com it does not display correctly as since I have Quick Texts configured it would change the 'e' in google to the letter I have 'e' set as in Quick Text.

I was wondering if anyone knows anyway of resolving this problem without removing my Quick Text settings.

Regards :D

RE: Quick Texts by djdannyp on 11-04-2007 at 05:34 PM

that's how the feature is intended to work

if you want to change it try putting the first column ones in brackets etc so that the alternate ones will only show up when you use them in brackets

this is the problem that affects people who use too many custom emoticons and so they pop up in the middle of sentences!

RE: Quick Texts by Clarkooo.1 on 11-04-2007 at 05:54 PM

I would do that but it would be awkward when I was typing for example.

H(e)ll(o) h(o)w (a)r(e) y(o)u d(o)(i)ng t(o)d(a)y?

Ohwell I just removed the quick texts anyway. I realised Bold Tahoma is a mega sexy font lmao ;)

Edit: And I just noticed typing letters in brackets in a forum even changes what it is supposed to be lmao.

RE: Quick Texts by djdannyp on 11-04-2007 at 06:16 PM

yeah, brackets in here do emoticons, like they should do in messenger (if people used custom emotioncos properly, lol)

you could always just type normally instead of having to have weird letters in your messages?

just a thought, lol

RE: Quick Texts by Clarkooo.1 on 11-04-2007 at 06:17 PM

Yeh I decided plain Tahoma without funny characters lmao.

All sorted ;)