Shoutbox

how to log on into one msn from two locations? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: how to log on into one msn from two locations? (/showthread.php?tid=78874)

how to log on into one msn from two locations? by parker73 on 11-08-2007 at 06:05 PM

Can someone tell me how i can log into my msn messenger from two different locations without being logged off in one? Is there a scipt or plug that can solve this?
thanks

RE: how to log on into one msn from two locations? by Salem on 11-08-2007 at 06:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by parker73
Can someone tell me how i can log into my msn messenger from two different locations without being logged off in one? Is there a scipt or plug that can solve this?
thanks

I doubt that this can be done at the moment as the .Net Messenger Service (ie. the servers used to connect to by Windows Live Messenger) at the moment does not allow more than one Messenger client to be logged in at the same time.

However, this may be coming in the future as there has been talk about Messenger being able to officially offer similar feature. Although remember, this was only talk about it, when and exactly if this will come is uncertain.

(I may be wrong however, but my understanding is that it's the servers that don't allow more than one client to be signed-in to the same Messenger account).

~Salem(@)
RE: how to log on into one msn from two locations? by Adeptus on 11-09-2007 at 04:31 PM

As the poster before me said, it is not likely to be possible with Messenger until Microsoft decides to support it.

If switching is an option, Skype supports that today (and does it very well).