Shoutbox

Msgplus reinstallation issue - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Msgplus reinstallation issue (/showthread.php?tid=78890)

Msgplus reinstallation issue by Jammydodge on 11-09-2007 at 02:32 PM

Hello, I reently had some problems with my contact list on live messenger i was advised to remove msgplus and any other appliactions that could be using messenger and then try reinstalling msn live messenger or whatever so i did so with that failing i said fuck it and made a new hotmail address which seems to have worked so now the issue with my contact list is over i went to reinstall msgplus and it did install but when i went to go into msn it just doesnt want to work =\ any help would be appreciated

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by Quantum on 11-09-2007 at 07:15 PM

Well what is it thats not working? Is it having trouble connecting to the Internet? Is it failing to load? Pleas expand as much as you can :)

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by Jammydodge on 11-09-2007 at 09:53 PM

ok basically msgplus is failing to load when i open msn messenger i have no msg icon i cant see peoples color codes in their names i have no features of msgplus basically none zilch so im assuming its a problem with msgplus loading i have tried to remove restarted my computer and then ran a registry cleaner called cceleaner and then reinstalled msgplus but still nothing so i dunno :( im also running windows vista

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by Jammydodge on 11-10-2007 at 04:41 PM

anyone know anything? =) or...

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by aNILEator on 11-11-2007 at 12:46 PM

OK yes a complete re-install of all software and addons (as long as they are not conflicting with messenger plus, smiley central/sweet IM have some issues) should have worked.

•You mention you're on vista, did you install with Admin Privileges?
•Do you have folder permissions to write/edit files/folders?
•You mention contact list issues, it may be worth deleting your contact list cache's from inside these folders

Vista:
%userprofile%\contacts
%localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows Live Contacts

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by Jammydodge on 11-12-2007 at 02:12 PM

hello man thanks for replying :) ok I have no software conflicting with msn messenger :) the only addon I had was msgplus and thats what im currently having an issue with I do have admin rights :D and i am also right clicking and run as administrator on the setup file :) the contact list issue is msn server side issue and they advised me to get a new hotmail address and to import my contacts over i have now done this :) and all is fine i did however delete my cache and so on and to no prevail :( so im not sure what is wrong is there possibly any registry keys which may have been left behind with msgplus that may be hindering me from reinstalling?

RE: Msgplus reinstallation issue by Jammydodge on 11-17-2007 at 04:37 AM

bump