Shoutbox

My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts (/showthread.php?tid=78896)

My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts by ajaggysnake on 11-09-2007 at 06:57 PM

My sister clicked one of those stupid links people send with viruses, so know i'm sending them to all of my contacts, does anyone now how i can get rid of it?

I've un-installed Messenger, ran spy-bot, Ad-Aware and Norton, resolved any problems they found and then reinstalled messenger, but it's still happening.

Any ideas?

RE: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts by davidpolitis on 11-10-2007 at 12:08 AM

Whats it actually say to your contacts?

RE: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts by ReaperJosh on 11-13-2007 at 02:02 PM

Try searching the Dodgy File's name in Google, with 'Removal' afterwards.
So, for example, I can think of two. One which states "Hey is this you in the picture" and a link, which links to the downloading of a virus. And another called a 'Block Checker' which automatically contacts all of your contacts asking them to download the Block Checker.
I do not personally know how to remove them, but if you try Google-ing them, that might work. (y)

RE: My sister accepted a dodgy file, so know i'm sending links to all of my contacts by vikke on 11-13-2007 at 05:19 PM

Look here.