Shoutbox

Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out (/showthread.php?tid=78954)

Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Rayzer88 on 11-11-2007 at 07:09 PM

Hi ive been experiencing problems with WLM for a while now. I sign in and within a few minutes it signs out again. I tried using fixes for every error under the sun but it still didn't work. I then thought it was something to do with my hotmail account but i tried registering a new account and it still happened. I went to the trouble of formatting my HDD and reinstalling XP yesterday but im still getting the problem.

Its really puzzling me what it is now....i dont think it can be my hotmail account because ive tried others and still it happens and i dont think it can be my laptop because ive made a fresh install of EVERYTHING. One thing to point out is that i was on holiday last week and it signed out quite a bit there so that may point back to my account.

ANY help would be greatly appeciated. Thanks so much in advance!

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by raghav on 11-12-2007 at 01:34 PM

Which version of msn/wl messenger are you using?

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Rayzer88 on 11-12-2007 at 02:30 PM

WLM version 2008, build 8.5.1288.816

im using a wireless router to connect to the internet but i can't see any problems in the settings which would cause the problem

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by rav0 on 11-13-2007 at 01:15 AM

Try running a big/slow file download so that you can see if the connection is actually working properly while Messenger fails. Maybe Messenger is disconnecting because the internet connection is dropping, but you just don't notice it.

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Rayzer88 on 11-14-2007 at 09:02 PM

yea, everything else works fine when it fails. I've noticed that it doesnt happen as often on my desktop as it does on my laptop. Its gotta be a network issue as i completely wiped the hdd on my laptop yet it still keeps happening...its really annoying lol. thanks for your help so far rav0 :)

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by xJ + on 11-15-2007 at 02:37 AM

update it to build 8.5.1302.1018 and try.

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Rayzer88 on 01-22-2008 at 09:01 PM

Hi, just stumbled back on my original topic here when searching google. I've updated to the above version and im still getting the problems. I just read on another forum that it seems to be a common problem with wireless internet users so i was wondering if there are any settings i can add or change on my router to combat this problem? Thanks guys and girls

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by freak544 on 01-22-2008 at 10:34 PM

It might be that your router re-issues dynamic ip's every few hours try to change the settings by the ip address of the router that should be in the instruction manual and change the settings there

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Rayzer88 on 01-23-2008 at 12:01 AM

My desktop/laptop/360 all have fixed IP's

i really can't think what it can be

RE: Windows Live Messenger CONSTANTLY Signing Out by Helenarae on 12-04-2010 at 10:45 AM

i got   mine to work it  was my avg
on the online shield instant messaging  i made sure the msn protection was switched of and  everything is fine  now