Shoutbox

Attack at my school last week - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Attack at my school last week (/showthread.php?tid=79086)

Attack at my school last week by Lou on 11-16-2007 at 09:35 PM

I've been waiting to make a thread, as I wanted the news station that covered the news to have an article on their website. It took long enough, but here it is.

The French high school in the area attacked the school. What isn't mentioned in the article is that they had pellet/paint-ball guns (which may/may not have been used, we couldn't see outside) that several students saw when they arrived.

I saw their "mob" arrive during lunchtime, and they attacked as soon as we were in class. It took the police 15 minutes to show up, and the station isn't very far away.

As well, what wasn't reported is the fact that they broke not one window, but two, in our cafeteria. One was quickly replaced (they shattered it completely) during the weekend, and was not mentioned.

Our principal is outright giving parents and students false information (namely that no weapons were involved..yeah, and the windows broke themselves?).

Nobody was hurt, and they believed a second attack was due for last Monday (they attacked on a day off, and Monday they had another day off) so the building was surrounded we police officers (4-6 patrol cars at all times, and officers on all sides of the school), a few security guards, and staff members all day long.

Both schools are on the look out for any further dangers, the police are investigating, and the school principals are in contact together and with both school boards.

Edit: The "internet messages" they mention refer to Facebook messages which were the root of past issues several weeks before, between the two schools.

>> CBC.ca article

RE: Attack at my school last week by roflmao456 on 11-16-2007 at 09:52 PM

now i wonder why they would do such a thing like that.

what happened to the people that got caught? :P
RE: Attack at my school last week by Lou on 11-16-2007 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by roflmao456
now i wonder why they would do such a thing like that.

what happened to the people that got caught? :P
Nobody was arrested (only one or two police cars seems to have showed up originally). They thought was a false alarm.
RE: Attack at my school last week by Jhrono on 11-16-2007 at 10:35 PM

What the fuck... "French-English tension" ?!

I didn't even knew you had such problems. Jeez, that's the most riddiculous thing after racism..

RE: Attack at my school last week by aNILEator on 11-16-2007 at 10:37 PM

BWAH AHAHAHAHA the photo on the news page is hillarious, wtf is that girl doing with her face?
[Image: ot-philemon-wright-students-071113.jpg]

RE: Attack at my school last week by albert on 11-16-2007 at 10:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jhrono
What the fuck... "French-English tension" ?!

I didn't even knew you had such problems. Jeez, that's the most riddiculous thing after racism..

This is a huge problem, especially here in Quebec.
RE: Attack at my school last week by prashker on 11-16-2007 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
BWAH AHAHAHAHA the photo on the news page is hillarious, wtf is that girl doing with her face?

That's what all frenchies do like

"UH LIKE DEH GUYS, THEY COMED TO OUR SCHOOL, AND THEY ATTACKD US AND WE WAS SCARED."

Anyways, it's pretty sucky that happened.

@Lou: You told me they were breaking windows and stuff. Acording to that report only ONE window was broken.

Overexageration :cheesy:!+1
RE: Attack at my school last week by vaccination on 11-16-2007 at 11:45 PM

We get fights between the chavs in our school and others all the time :P

Usually with knifes though.

RE: Attack at my school last week by Lou on 11-17-2007 at 12:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
@Lou: You told me they were breaking windows and stuff. Acording to that report only ONE window was broken.
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
As well, what wasn't reported is the fact that they broke not one window, but two, in our cafeteria. One was quickly replaced (they shattered it completely) during the weekend, and was not mentioned.
As well, they attempted to break more.
quote:
That's just a random snapshot from the thing that went on tv, she was shrugging.. irrelevant.

quote:
She's not French.

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination

Well they had (as reported) chains, baseball bats and (as not reported) guns (and possibly knives but I don't know).
RE: Attack at my school last week by SikStyles on 11-18-2007 at 09:44 AM

quote:
quote:

"UH LIKE DEH GUYS, THEY COMED TO OUR SCHOOL, AND THEY ATTACKD US AND WE WAS SCARED."

What he said.

I don't get it. What are they trying to achieve with shooting people at school..world domination? attention? more allowance? beats me.

RE: Attack at my school last week by azn angel on 11-25-2007 at 10:28 AM

quote:

yeah but theyre chavs

the schools in england are terrible. my teacher was telling us about how he was verbally abused and such at schools when he was over there and how he turned up to one that was so bad he left immediately.
RE: Attack at my school last week by Nathan on 11-25-2007 at 11:04 AM

Nah schools in england harden you up hahaha

All the other countries are pansys :p

RE: Attack at my school last week by azn angel on 11-25-2007 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Nah schools in england harden you up hahaha

All the other countries are pansys :p
but all other countries don't have chavs
RE: Attack at my school last week by andrewdodd13 on 11-25-2007 at 11:38 AM

Glasgow neds > English chavs. Seriously. Never mess with a Glaswegian teenager after he's had a bottle of buckie.

-

I think it's pretty bad what happened at your school man. I've never experienced anything of that sort - all the local schools are on the same timetable and they're like 3-4 miles apart.

RE: Attack at my school last week by vaccination on 11-25-2007 at 11:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
quote:

yeah but theyre chavs

the schools in england are terrible. my teacher was telling us about how he was verbally abused and such at schools when he was over there and how he turned up to one that was so bad he left immediately.
Depends on the area, but yeah chavs basically make the outside world hell, and give England a bad reputation =/
RE: Attack at my school last week by Lou on 11-25-2007 at 12:07 PM

The attack happened on a Friday, when the students from the other school had no school. They also had no school on the Monday following, and despite our principal lying to parents that "there were no dangers, nobody went in the school, and nobody had any kind of weapon" the building was surrounded with police officers through out the day. 2-4 officers on both sides of the building at all times, with 2-3 police cruisers in the front and back at all times as well. There were a few "security" officials (probably just hired to keep a look out for that day) and school staff was everywhere around the building. Students were not allowed off school grounds that day for fear of attack.

Now our principal and their principal are trying to setup some inter-school activities... yeah, smart move, idiots.

RE: Attack at my school last week by azn angel on 11-25-2007 at 01:08 PM

it'll be like westside story!

RE: Attack at my school last week by brian on 11-30-2007 at 01:21 AM

I personally go to a French High School and I should mention that our French school was a big and a huge building until they split the two building and the other one was taken or occupied by an English school.

There has never been anything like that, last year, there was a time around where there were these sort of stuff, two windows were broken & they were a few vandalisms here and there.

Most of this stuff would happen at around 2:30 when their school is just leaving (we still have one period of class till 4) or within the lunch time, however, at lunch time, there wasn't much at all.

To put it up easily, it was just a bunch of kids from our school and a bunch from their school who thought it would be fun to create hatred between the two schools, which isn't quite what happened.

However, there are always every 2 months a bunch of idiots who go inside their school, fool around, get kicked out and reported to the principle of our school which puts them in a lot of crap.

Sadly, this won't be happening anymore because our dumb school thought having uniforms was a good idea, so I guess we'll be easily seen in their school now.

RE: Attack at my school last week by Dane on 11-30-2007 at 01:34 AM

Thats so crazy.  Reminds me of a month or so ago, my school had a huge gun threat, this local gang was supposedly going to come in and shoot up the place...we actually went on lockdown one of the days because they thought they were in the building already.  Nothing every happened.  People are crazy though...its just like, wtf, get a life...

RE: Attack at my school last week by Lou on 11-30-2007 at 02:05 AM

We were locked onto school grounds on Tuesday of this week again, because they believed there was a possibility of another attack. The good thing now though is that the police take these threats at our school much more seriously, and actually bother staying there to ensure the security of the students.