Shoutbox

Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? (/showthread.php?tid=79102)

Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Clarkooo.1 on 11-17-2007 at 12:15 PM

What is this strange new icon? :O

[Image: whatsthisfz9.jpg]

Well folks,

Heres your answer..

http://www.msncreative.net/index.php/Dernieres_ne...u_/id_menu_69.html

It's in French so use Google Translate or Altavista Babelfish to translate it to English for all those non-French speakers out there :)

EDIT: New link, alot more info, and it's in English ;)

http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/384/

Enjoy :D

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by absorbation on 11-17-2007 at 12:21 PM

Or:
http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/384/ (a)

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Clarkooo.1 on 11-17-2007 at 12:22 PM

Yeh or that lmao its probably better :D

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by John Anderton on 11-17-2007 at 12:24 PM

I was waiting for a thread of this kind :P

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Clarkooo.1 on 11-17-2007 at 12:27 PM

Well now you got it ;)

I was looking through the net for a forum or site which had info like this :D

And I got news through an RSS stream from MsgStuff :)

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by aNILEator on 11-17-2007 at 12:47 PM

Thanks you never know we may have a few more exclusives and wonders up our digital proverbial sleeves

Maybe a certain cast will return *-)

maybe...

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by absorbation on 11-17-2007 at 01:20 PM

I'll tell you something: Do not underestimate the new skinning feature, it won't be limited in any way, in fact you can do more than you ever could on any previous version.

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Volv on 11-17-2007 at 01:43 PM

Yes, it definitely is a spectacular feature and gives skin developers a lot of freedom, not to mention that it is very easy to skin with and more or less fully documented. On top of that it is a part of MsgPlus meaning that it will be amazingly easy to redistribute skins and switch between them :D

Of course script developers haven't been left out with a complete revamp of the Script Editor.

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by markee on 11-17-2007 at 01:49 PM

This is looking even better than I thought. I really wish I could use this.  I'm normally one of the people who goes "just wait, it'll be out soon enough" but honestly I really wish I didn't have to wait for this version :(

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Nathan on 11-17-2007 at 01:52 PM

x2 markee I've been here for over 2 years and i'm still not a tester :(

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Volv on 11-17-2007 at 02:21 PM

Something I whipped up in a couple of minutes :D
(Note: The background is my desktop wallpaper)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=863270]

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Felu on 11-17-2007 at 02:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
that looks awesome
RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Quantum on 11-17-2007 at 02:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv

WOW Nice work!
RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Volv on 11-17-2007 at 02:28 PM

Umm, just as a note to anyone who just PM'd me. This was more of a demonstration of something which Plus can do rather than an actual skin I'm working on, I literally did it in about 5 minutes using Plus's excellent skinning functionality :D...

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Clarkooo.1 on 11-17-2007 at 02:31 PM

Wow that looks well smart I can't wait for the release!

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Oxy on 11-17-2007 at 03:09 PM

nathan: tbh, if anyone here had a chance to be tester, they'd open their arms no questions asked. AFAIK patchou only gives betas to people who he can trust to be loyal, active and knows abit about techinical stuff.

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by aNILEator on 11-17-2007 at 04:46 PM

And oxy takes the point!

but there are still some people who don't do much in the testing front.

Volv's skin would only look nice as the logon at the moment, the rest would kinda fail Because header etc would be cut off :P

But yes You'll see in the screenshot gallery on msgstuff a skin I'm working on based on the webcomic Beaver and Steve, it has shaped windows also. I'm working on making it unified

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Sunshine on 11-17-2007 at 05:29 PM

Sunshine's Web - Coming soon: Messenger Plus! Live 4.50

RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Volv on 11-18-2007 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Volv's skin would only look nice as the logon at the moment, the rest would kinda fail Because header etc would be cut off :P
Actually it's relatively easy to adjust where the header etc are going to lie within the window :D
RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by riahc4 on 11-18-2007 at 06:45 PM

The skinning implamentation looks cheap and tacky but I hope im wrong.

RE: RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by djdannyp on 11-18-2007 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
The skinning implamentation looks cheap and tacky but I hope im wrong.

it will look as professional as the designers can manage......which from some of the people around here i'm imagining will be awesome

the capabilities of the skinning facility are almost endless, it's really quiet a phenomenal tool and after just messing around with it for a couple of days i've achieved quite a lot and i'd imagine that those with far more experience than me will produce fantastic results
RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Patchou on 11-18-2007 at 07:45 PM

quote:
The skinning implamentation looks cheap and tacky
how would you know without its documentation?
RE: Spoiler: I Wonder What This Could Mean? by Clarkooo.1 on 11-18-2007 at 07:49 PM

It looks brilliant if you ask me, just needs some good skin artists and it will be superb - nice work Patchou!