Shoutbox

Converted PLSC files not working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Converted PLSC files not working (/showthread.php?tid=79111)

Converted PLSC files not working by djmorf on 11-17-2007 at 05:32 PM

Basicly, whenever i convert ZIP files to PLSC files, they don't work. Even files that worked before and then are converted to and from ZIP don't work.
I'm using win XP and Winzip. any idears?

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by Felu on 11-17-2007 at 05:57 PM

Upload the zip file here, and we'll see what the problem is.

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by Quantum on 11-17-2007 at 06:41 PM

Here you go:

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by djmorf on 11-17-2007 at 06:44 PM

nope, it give the message error message 'The file you tried to load does not appear to be a valid Messenger Plus! script pack.
does it work for you?

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by vikke on 11-17-2007 at 06:59 PM

Nope, I get the same error. Why don't you pack your scripts with the Script Packager program? It's simple and you don't have to make a ScriptInfo.xml file.
Download it here.

Make sure the vbzip dll is in the same folder as the program when you extract it, otherwise it will not work.

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by pollolibredegrasa on 11-17-2007 at 07:02 PM

The reason it isn't working is because your script is in a folder inside your ZIP file. You need to remove the folder and try again.

RE: RE: Converted PLSC files not working by Quantum on 11-17-2007 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken
The reason it isn't working is because your script is in a folder inside your ZIP file. You need to remove the folder and try again.

I did that and it still didn't work. :S
RE: Converted PLSC files not working by djmorf on 11-17-2007 at 07:05 PM

no idear what your on about your on about about being in a file? Used script pagerger and it was fine, thanks guys,

RE: RE: Converted PLSC files not working by pollolibredegrasa on 11-17-2007 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
quote:
Originally posted by fatfreechicken

I did that and it still didn't work. :S
Um, no you didnt? All you did was rename it .plsc.

I downloaded both of them and they both have the same structure inside the zip file.

quote:
Originally posted by djmorf
no idear what your on about your on about about being ion the file? Used script pagerger and it was fine, thanks guys,

The reason it didn't work is because when you packaged the script, you packaged a folder too.

Your script file looked like this:

Zip File>Folder>Script Files

whereas it should have been:

Zip File >Script Files

RE: Converted PLSC files not working by djmorf on 11-17-2007 at 07:14 PM

ok, i got it, i was compressing the whole folder, rater than the indvidual files. Thanks guys