Shoutbox

New plus skinning - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: New plus skinning (/showthread.php?tid=79115)

New plus skinning by Jimbo on 11-17-2007 at 06:45 PM

Right, i wanna know some thnings about it:P

How will it be coded?
How will it be imported?
How far can this code go, can it access the whole of WLM windows or just plus windows?
And will there be a site dedicated to skins, like the soundDB, or will there be a new forum.

RE: New plus skinning by aNILEator on 11-17-2007 at 06:47 PM

.XML
.PLSK
All the way like a drunk whore on prom night
Yes

RE: New plus skinning by Jimbo on 11-17-2007 at 06:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator

All the way like a drunk whore on prom night

Lol.
And thanks, i cant wait for this release:P
RE: New plus skinning by aNILEator on 11-17-2007 at 06:49 PM

if you'd have looked at any skinning screenshots on msgstuff or sunshines blog you'd see we've skinned the logon window, chat window and contact list and I've skinned the shape too.

I've recently got mine to skin the dashboard, I'm working in small steps :)

RE: New plus skinning by Jimbo on 11-17-2007 at 06:50 PM

quote:
if you'd have looked at any skinning screenshots on msgstuff or sunshines blog you'd see we've skinned the logon window, chat window and contact list and I've skinned the shape too.

Will there be some kind on documentation like for scripts, or does patchou think we are too clever :) :P
RE: New plus skinning by Quantum on 11-17-2007 at 06:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
quote:

Will there be some kind on documentation like for scripts, or does patchou think we are too clever :) :P

There will be.

RE: New plus skinning by vaccination on 11-17-2007 at 06:56 PM

No offence, but most of these questions have been asked in the other threads. If you had read them there'd be no need for this thread 8-)

quote:
.PLSK
heh =p
RE: New plus skinning by Chestah on 11-18-2007 at 12:21 AM

Lets just say that Patchou's written some very very in depth documentation!! Hes definitely put a lot of effort into ensuring users (who have a little bit of technical knowledge) will be easily able to put together scripts :).

RE: New plus skinning by aNILEator on 11-18-2007 at 12:27 AM

I wouldn't say easily...

But you should be able to make some simple edits yes :)

RE: New plus skinning by Patchou on 11-18-2007 at 06:43 AM

It will be all a matter of how much time you want to put in this. Some of the testers are already talking about what hints they'll post during the first days so once again, you'll be able to count on this commnity's help to start-up your projects.

RE: New plus skinning by Volv on 11-18-2007 at 02:25 PM

Skinning messenger is a very complex thing, the documentation provided with the newest build (which I believe Patchou put a lot of hard work into) will help you with formatting your skin and creating simple skins using the abilities which MsgPlus provides in its own engine, but the extent of interface manipulation possible is too vast to be completely documented and I imagine a lot of it will be discovered by experimentation and passed on by word of mouth (well, forums :P).

That being said, it is very possible for anyone to make a simple skin.