Shoutbox

[Suggestion] Disable file transfer blocking - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [Suggestion] Disable file transfer blocking (/showthread.php?tid=79166)

[Suggestion] Disable file transfer blocking by riahc4 on 11-18-2007 at 10:09 PM

Hey

I dont recall a thread about the file transfer blocking issue so Ill go ahead and make it out.

A well seen feature to Plus! would be the disable the file transfer blocking feature of Messenger. IT IS VERY ANNOYING. Its possible hard to do because (AFAIK) there arent even patches that remove it but its just a suggestion that doesnt hurt anyone

RE: [Suggestion] Disable file transfer blocking by ahmetgns on 11-19-2007 at 04:51 PM

I couldn't understand what you meant. I don't have to understand it though, but this is curiosity ;) Can you explain what that blocking is?

RE: [Suggestion] Disable file transfer blocking by Oxy on 11-19-2007 at 04:56 PM

I presume you mean the transfer of such extension as .php (and maybe .zip/.rar, but i dunno if that was removed)
That was blocked for secruity reason since there were viruses depending on you opening a file to active the virus. (the virus was giving out links/file transfers with potentially harmful contents.)