Shoutbox

iPhone unlocking for free? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPhone unlocking for free? (/showthread.php?tid=79173)

iPhone unlocking for free? by rossturch on 11-19-2007 at 02:21 AM

Hi, my name is Ross... I'm looking for a way to unlock the iphone for free, to work with fido service.

It's locked now because my brother pressed restore in itunes, and it got mucked up... Now I only have the emergency call function on there, and I need it back to normal...

Is there any way to do it for free? I'm kinda broke right now...
Thanks...

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by prashker on 11-19-2007 at 02:28 AM

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/iunlock-releas...iphone-sim-unlock/

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by rossturch on 11-19-2007 at 03:12 AM

Alright, I got through jailbreaking the iphone nicely... Now I have to find the ip of the phone, but I can't do it the conventional way because I can't access the wifi menu because all I have right now is just a emergency calling screen..

Thanks.

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Chris4 on 11-19-2007 at 03:15 AM

How can i Find My iphone's IP address when i don't have any Wi-Fi Connections? :happy:

Have fun.

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by rossturch on 11-19-2007 at 03:19 AM

Can't do that because I don't have access to anything on the phone

All I have is just the emergency calling thingy...

So, that's out of the question..

Is there any way to do it through the computer?

Thanks

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Chris4 on 11-19-2007 at 03:25 AM

Try this as your IP address:

code:

Edit: Nvm, that won't work. Can't find any other method to find it out.
RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Voldemort on 11-19-2007 at 03:28 AM

I have not used an iPhone, nor I am informed on stuff about it, but if it's connected to your wlan, you can check it's IP on your router.

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by rossturch on 11-19-2007 at 03:32 AM

That won't work.. If you'd have read what I posted before
You would know that the emergency call function is on
And I can't access anything else
Thanks, though, for trying to help.

Anyone else want to help me?

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Chris4 on 11-19-2007 at 03:36 AM

This program shows the IP address (I think? See screenshot).

Edit: Nevermind. It's for Mac OS X. Sorry can't help you, been looking for ages. Going to bed |-)

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Voldemort on 11-19-2007 at 04:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rossturch
quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
I have not used an iPhone, nor I am informed on stuff about it, but if it's connected to your wlan, you can check it's IP on your router.

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by ShawnZ on 11-19-2007 at 04:54 AM

quote:
And I can't access anything else
Thanks, though, for trying to help.

Anyone else want to help me?

your iphone being locked prevents you from using your.. computer?
RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Jimbo on 11-19-2007 at 06:57 AM

If you have firmware that hasnt fixed the TIFF exploit, just go to jailbreakme.com in your iphones safari, it wil jailbreak it, duh lol.
After it has finished, go to sources in the bottom right, click edit, then click add,  add hppt://i.unlock.no, and click ok.
Then once its refreshed, go to install and go down to unlocking tools, install the ones that you like.
If you have more recent firmware, pm me and ill explain the process of downgrading and how to jaiulbreak the new firmware

RE: RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by andrewdodd13 on 11-19-2007 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbodude
If you have firmware that hasnt fixed the TIFF exploit, just go to jailbreakme.com in your iphones safari, it wil jailbreak it, duh lol.
After it has finished, go to sources in the bottom right, click edit, then click add,  add hppt://i.unlock.no, and click ok.
Then once its refreshed, go to install and go down to unlocking tools, install the ones that you like.
If you have more recent firmware, pm me and ill explain the process of downgrading and how to jaiulbreak the new firmware
quote:
Not having an iPhone, I think it's logical to assume he can't get into the browser.

I still think that if the iPhone is connected to the WLAN by default then you should be able to get its IP from your router. But if it doesn't connect to your WLAN then you may well be screwed.

However, if it cocked up as you said it did, can't you just send it to Apple to get it fixed?
RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by Ahmad on 11-19-2007 at 02:30 PM

You don't need any of that junk, all you need is a wifi connection to the net and this website http://iphone.unlock.no/

I have jailbreaked/unlocked iPhones before using the above method. Only takes about 15 minutes depending on your Internet connection.

To clarify: Go to http://iphone.unlock.no/ on your computer and follow the instructions on how to bypass the emergency call screen and... just follow the instructions :)

RE: iPhone unlocking for free? by rossturch on 11-19-2007 at 06:02 PM

Okay, I'm a dumbass, it's not activated!! Is there any way to activate it without using itunes, because, I tried Jon Lech Johanson's thing, but it didn't work, I'm not sure... I had the 1.1.1 firmware on it, and then I jailbroke it, and now it's on 1.0.2 firmware... Is it bricked? Or can I fix it? I am on windows, I hear about the iactivator, but it's for mac, if someone can help me, please, that would be good
If you have a mac I will give you my imei, and my iccid, and you can generate a unlock code for me..
Thanks!