Shoutbox

Fast Track USB Problems - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Fast Track USB Problems (/showthread.php?tid=79221)

Fast Track USB Problems by MC Inferno on 11-20-2007 at 11:54 PM

Hey

I've got a Fast Track USB Interface, but recently its been having problems. It works as normal, but after 10-40 mins, it then just suddenly goes off... every so often I hear a noise in my PC which just sounds like a pop or crack (not my microphone, because its not linked up at present).

If I unplug the device and then replug it again, it works fine, but it keeps happening. I've installed the newest drivers for my version of WinXP but I jus cant seem to stop it happening and I can't figure out why its doing this.

Can someone help? Thanks

RE: Fast Track USB Problems by Voldemort on 11-21-2007 at 01:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
I hear a noise in my PC which just sounds like a pop or crack
does it come from the speakers =/?

Try completely uninstalling the device, including the device, restarting and reinstalling them....
RE: Fast Track USB Problems by MC Inferno on 11-23-2007 at 11:26 PM

Did all that but it carried on doing it.

It seems to have stopped now though, so its all good. Thanks anyway.

RE: Fast Track USB Problems by MC Inferno on 11-29-2007 at 12:12 AM

Sorry to double post, just wanted to bring this back to attension because its happening again. The pop/crackle comes from the speakers itself... I havent installed / uninstalled any new software or made any options... it just seems to happen. After 30mins to 1 hour and 30 mins, it justs goes off and does the pop thing.

RE: Fast Track USB Problems by rav0 on 11-30-2007 at 05:05 AM

Could it be something wrong in the interface? Maybe heat or charge buildup is causing the problem to be only intermittent, but really the interface is faulty, or it's power supply (if there is a separate one).

RE: Fast Track USB Problems by MC Inferno on 11-30-2007 at 11:14 PM

^The only thing I can think of too.

My guess is thats down to heat... like I say, take it out and put it back in again and its fine for aonther hour or so, but it keeps happening. I'll just have to throw that on the chrimbo list den... :(