Shoutbox

"appear offline" cause data loss - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "appear offline" cause data loss (/showthread.php?tid=79242)

"appear offline" cause data loss by Tesla on 11-21-2007 at 09:02 PM

if anybody in my contact list sets his status to "appear offline" and i send him something, there are often hudge delays until he recieves the message or he doesnt recieve it at all, though i dont get the message saying the message could not be sent. if he writes something, there are no problems. is there any solution?

RE: "appear offline" cause data loss by SuNcO on 11-22-2007 at 08:41 PM

What version of Msn you have ?

It works fine with me on 8 and 8.5

If the other person have 7 or 7.5 that doesn't work. I see that because sometimes i must use 7 here at work and when i go home where have 8.5 appear offline msgs pending

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall ?

RE: "appear offline" cause data loss by Bladeh on 11-25-2007 at 07:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tesla
if anybody in my contact list sets his status to "appear offline" and i send him something, there are often hudge delays until he recieves the message or he doesnt recieve it at all, though i dont get the message saying the message could not be sent. if he writes something, there are no problems. is there any solution?

I get that, the only difference is I know that myself and my contact have the same version of MSN. Some messages are delayed and some are lost.
RE: "appear offline" cause data loss by Tesla on 11-26-2007 at 08:11 PM

i tried it with 8.1 and 8.5, no difference. the contact was using 8.1 and another one 8.5, but i had the problems with both of them.