Shoutbox

HELP! WLM meltdown - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: HELP! WLM meltdown (/showthread.php?tid=79252)

HELP! WLM meltdown by war-chan on 11-22-2007 at 02:56 AM

ok first off  wile I was clearing out old programs I noticed I had two windows live messengers installed.

so I uninstalled one and then found out like a moron I had uninstalled the NEWER one and went to re download and install it.

the installer runs, it does everything until the end when it fails to upgrade the previous version of messenger and tells em to try again later.

I figure "ok I'll just get rid of the older version." but I'm unable to delete or uninstall it.

I get an error stating that

"the patch package could not be opened. verify the patch package exists and that you can access, it or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid windows installer patch package"

I have no idea what to do <_< I can't reinstall my WLM and I can't delete this other one that seems to be stopping it.
nor can I USE this other one as I get

"this program is not working properly, you may reinstall it by clicking repair"

so I click repair and I get the same patch package error.

please tell me what I did wrong to mess this up so bad or how to fix it if possible Dx
I miss my friends and mesenger!

~war-chan

RE: HELP! WLM meltdown by MeEtc on 11-22-2007 at 03:11 AM

try doing a clean uninstall of messenger, and then reinstall.
CookieRevised's reply to Windows Live Messenger BIG PROBLEM!

If you don't feel like modifying the registry and such, something else that will help, but may not do as thorough of a job, is the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility

RE: HELP! WLM meltdown by war-chan on 11-22-2007 at 03:36 AM

oh thank you SO much!

you just made my day, my messenger is saved! XD

*clings to your face*