Shoutbox

How Would I... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: How Would I... (/showthread.php?tid=79260)

How Would I... by waynewilson2 on 11-22-2007 at 11:26 AM

How Would I Go About Adding Something To A Trre View Control?
I Have Tried The Methods That Are In The Schema Docs(or w.e u wanna call it), And Have Gotten Nowhere, Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated, Thanks In Advance

RE: How Would I... by markee on 11-22-2007 at 11:42 AM

To use Tree View Controls you need to use a lot of Window Control Messages to use them properly.  If you let us know what you are trying to do with it then we may be able to suggest a better alternative.

As for implementing things in windows I would suggest to you to look at the source code of other scripts to better understand what to do.

RE: How Would I... by waynewilson2 on 11-22-2007 at 02:31 PM

ok...i think i would probably be better off putting in a listview control, but other than that, how would i get it to list all the files in a specified directory??

RE: How Would I... by Matti on 11-22-2007 at 05:39 PM

You can use the file system ActiveX-object (Scripting.FileSystemObject) and then get the files in the folder using GetFolder() and a loop through the Files property.

RE: How Would I... by waynewilson2 on 11-22-2007 at 07:07 PM

ok, thanks, and for encrpyting/decrypting? i've searched alot of google, and a bit on here, and it has not turned out to my advantage...i need a strong encrption/decryption algorythm that is hard as hell to crack, my messenger plus logs are being cracked a wayy too fast... thanks in advance if your able to find it :d

RE: How Would I... by markee on 11-23-2007 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by waynewilson2
my messenger plus logs are being cracked a wayy too fast
Either use a higher encryption level or a better password, whichever was the weak point.  If you use a 21char alpha (upper and lower case), numeric and symbol password as well as 2048bit encryption then I don't think you should have any troubles with people cracking it.