Shoutbox

Skinning Feature in 4.50 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Skinning Feature in 4.50 (/showthread.php?tid=79301)

Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-23-2007 at 06:54 AM

i couldnt see a topic on this but if there was then i apologise in advance.

with messenger plus's new skinning feature in 4.50 i was wondering is it going to be similar to the scripting system released in version 4.0? by this i mean that when scripting was released you didnt just have a new feature in plus itself you added a whole new section to the website where users who had created scripts could submit them to the site for approval and share them with the entire community, they could also submit updated version etc, will the same thing be done with the skinning feature?

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by NanaFreak on 11-23-2007 at 06:57 AM

yes, even though i am not in the beta, people i have been talking to have said stuff about a skins database

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by mynetx on 11-23-2007 at 10:44 AM

Could really be within the things possibly planned (A)

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Sunshine on 11-23-2007 at 12:34 PM

Yep, there will be a skin database.

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Menthix on 11-23-2007 at 01:38 PM

Confirmed :p

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-23-2007 at 06:36 PM

cool i cant wait, any ideas on a 4.50 release date

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Sunshine on 11-23-2007 at 06:57 PM

Read the Announcements & News section on this forum?

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-23-2007 at 09:21 PM

i have read the announcement it says something about december in patchous initial post but then theres no further mention of it, however theres been many times patchou has done this thing before were he says something like in 2 weeks or he names a month and then it overruns beyond the time frame stated so ive learned to take these scattered remarks with a pinch of salt which is why i asked the question incase anyone knew more specifically when its due.

just saying december could mean that in 8 days time 4.50 will be released, see how non specific the word december can be lol.

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Oxy on 11-23-2007 at 09:25 PM

The expected release dates are within the first week on december.

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
names a month and then it overruns beyond the time
Don't be so selfish. It's never right to expect a release date, he may overrun sometimes, but that's because he wants the best possible version for every. be more patient
RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Nathan on 11-23-2007 at 10:35 PM

In other words, there are less than 2 weeks until it is released.

RE: RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-24-2007 at 08:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Oxy
The expected release dates are within the first week on december.

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
names a month and then it overruns beyond the time
Don't be so selfish. It's never right to expect a release date, he may overrun sometimes, but that's because he wants the best possible version for every. be more patient

i do understand why release dates can get pushed back and of course we all want it just so before its released to us, however even companies like microsoft will give you a date for release in advance of it happening you dont just walk into a store and see a new version of windows sitting there and think when did microsoft release that? so why cannot plus do that, he could post an anticipated date then if there were delays he could post a revised date thats all i was saying.
RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Nathan on 11-24-2007 at 09:17 AM

Yeah, but not everything goes to schedule. Therefore say a PS3 was expected to be released on the 21st of june would you sue the company if they released it on the 26th of june?

I'd rather have a bug free program and wait, than have a buggy program and have it say.. tomorrow.

RE: RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-24-2007 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Napbree
Yeah, but not everything goes to schedule. Therefore say a PS3 was expected to be released on the 21st of june would you sue the company if they released it on the 26th of june?

I'd rather have a bug free program and wait, than have a buggy program and have it say.. tomorrow.

im not saying that at all my point was that i understand these delays happen but if theres delays that affect a release date the person making the software etc can update the date accordingly.
RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Patchou on 11-24-2007 at 05:56 PM

I already said somewhere this is planned for the first week of December. The reason why I don't give an exact day? because everytime I do, my servers crash :p.

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-24-2007 at 07:55 PM

ok patchou fair enough

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by riahc4 on 11-29-2007 at 11:47 AM

Does the skinning engine use Aero?

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by Oxy on 11-29-2007 at 11:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
Does the skinning engine use Aero?
I doubt it, seeing as messenger doesn't itself.
RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by mynetx on 11-29-2007 at 11:51 AM

It's a kind of easy replacement for the existing Messenger resources, such as design images, icons, but also strings, window definitions etc. This will allow you even to change the window shapes as well as every text in Messenger. Using advanced options, you may even include different windows for different Messenger locales.

RE: Skinning Feature in 4.50 by stuartbennett on 11-29-2007 at 09:55 PM

sounds really cool, when this comes out ill definately try to do a skin, however they said scripting would be easy and i cant figure that out so maybe people claiming skinning as idiot proof is a bit much lol.