Shoutbox

Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters (/showthread.php?tid=79403)

Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters by XtraSimplicity on 11-27-2007 at 10:49 AM

Hello,
My MSN name is in Russian and whenever i logoff MSN, Countdown Live! reverts the russian to ?????  ????????? ????? etc.
Is it possible to stop this?
It shows the russian fine otherwise, it is only if i logoff and log back in that it does this.

Thank you so much in Advance,
Please note: i do not want to install a russian version of the script, as i can't understand much russian.

Thank you,
XtraSimplicity

RE: Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters by Matti on 11-27-2007 at 04:18 PM

Hmm, sounds like an encoding problem... I'll have a look at it when I'm on my PC at home.

RE: Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters by bobby2000 on 11-27-2007 at 04:56 PM

I tried it out and didn't get that problem.

RE: Countdown Live! 1.0 with Russian characters by Matti on 11-27-2007 at 05:11 PM

Actually I don't understand why that should be happening. The nickname is stored in a global string variable and when the user signs out, that variable is read and set to your nickname. In normal cases, this should support Unicode and I can't see why it doesn't do that.

If anyone else has anything to add, please do, because even script developers can still learn things. :P

Side note: a new version is being worked on, which will make use of the registry to save your original status information. If you can't work out this problem, I suggest you to wait a little longer and then try it with the upcoming version, maybe it'll work then. :P