Shoutbox

[REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Thread: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification (/showthread.php?tid=79433)

[REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by thehoodie on 11-28-2007 at 05:13 AM

I am looking for a script that, when you change your status to "be right back", will notify all open chats with a "brb" message.

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by Th3rmal on 11-28-2007 at 06:26 AM

instead of doing that you could just type "/all brb" without the quote marks and this will send brb to all chats

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by Mizery_Made on 11-29-2007 at 03:26 PM

You could always use the 'Messenger Lock' function, set it up to change your status to BRB, and also you could set it up to send "BRB" to all your open conversations, optionally even set it up to sat "Back" when you unlock it.

*Shrugs*

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by haydos on 11-29-2007 at 03:41 PM

Create a quicktext.

Go to the quicktexts section of MP!L, 'Create a standalone message or message group'.
Then in the 'Fast send shortcut' section, enter /b (or whatever command you like).
In the Message(s) bit, enter:

code:
/all brb
/brb
Change the 'line breaks' radio button to the one that reads 'create multiple messages'

The result of all of this means that when you type /b in a conversation and press enter, 'brb' will be sent to all open conversations, and your status will automatically change to be right back.

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by skyserpent on 12-06-2007 at 10:30 PM

I have one that I use.

On sending /brb (setting status to brb)
It sends the message: Be back in a bit.

Tell me what you would like it to say and I will change it and upload it for you.

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by skyserpent on 12-09-2007 at 02:28 PM

code:
function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd, Message){
if(Message == "/brb"){
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/all Be back in a bit.");
}
}

That's what I use. Have fun =]
RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by skyserpent on 01-03-2008 at 01:48 AM

Just, about 10 mins ago, changed the script so I thought I'd post it :)

code:
//Script created by Aden Beckitt
//Don't steal stuff kids :)

function OnGetScriptCommands ()
{
    commands  = "<ScriptCommands>";
    commands +=     "<Command>";
    commands +=         "<Name>back</Name>";
    commands +=         "<Description>Tells all open conversations that you are back.</Description>";
    commands +=     "</Command>";
    commands += "</ScriptCommands>";
    return commands;
}

function OnEvent_ChatWndSendMessage(ChatWnd, Message){
if(Message == "/brb"){
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/all Be back in a bit.");
}
switch (Message){
        case "/back":
        return "/all I'm back. :)";
}
if(Message == "I'm back. :)"){
ChatWnd.SendMessage("/online");
}
}

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by CookieRevised on 01-03-2008 at 04:19 AM

skyserpent, nice but there is really no need for any script for this. At least not if you're going to react on something the user must type. As, Haydos explained, simply create a quicktext, way more sufficient.

PS: and if you use sendmessage in a script your should ALWAYS check if you actually can send a message first, see scripting documentation.

----------

A much better script would be do detect a status change instead of detecting something the user has typed. Because it is not always possible for the user to type something in a chat window to begin with. And in that way the user can simply change his status to Be Right Back in whatever way he wants.

;)

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by skyserpent on 01-03-2008 at 01:53 PM

Meh =P I use /brb when I change to Be Right Back so it works good for me :) Just thought i'd share. Thanks anyway :)

How do you go about detecting status changes then?

- Aden.

RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by CookieRevised on 01-03-2008 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by skyserpent
How do you go about detecting status changes then?
See scripting documentation: OnEvent_MyStatusChange ;)
RE: [REQUEST] Automatic "brb" notification by skyserpent on 01-04-2008 at 02:08 AM

Ah, the good old scripting documentation. :)