Shoutbox

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters (/showthread.php?tid=79499)

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Lourix on 11-30-2007 at 04:09 PM

Shoot UK teacher, say protesters

What is wrong with these people, from what I have heard it is a simple misunderstanding. Calling a bear Muhammad isn't bad really, some Muslim boys are called Muhammad too.

EDIT: The second sentence means the children.

RE: Holy S**** by Rolando on 11-30-2007 at 04:11 PM

Yeah, I heard about this on the news the other day. Poor woman :/ .. stupid kids

RE: Holy S**** by Zahid™ on 11-30-2007 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lourix
Calling a bear Muhammad isn't bad really, some Muslim boys are called Muhammad too.

Thats why they're taking offence. Only boys should be named Muhammad.
RE: Holy S**** by Lourix on 11-30-2007 at 04:15 PM

But kill her for naming a bear Muhammad? She probably doesn't know musch about the muslim religion.I'm sure there was no intent on her part.

RE: Holy S**** by tony on 11-30-2007 at 04:19 PM

stupid people :undecided:

RE: Holy S**** by Tasha on 11-30-2007 at 04:25 PM

quote:
But kill her for naming a bear Muhammad? She probably doesn't know musch about the muslim religion.I'm sure there was no intent on her part.

She didn't even name it, the children she was teaching did.
RE: Holy S**** by Oxy on 11-30-2007 at 04:28 PM

WTF, what's up with people... christianity, bike sex, and now this!?

RE: Holy S**** by Lourix on 11-30-2007 at 04:30 PM

She apparently let the kids do it though and she done nothing about it, either she let it happen and didn't know she was insulting islam or she did and didn't care.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Lou on 11-30-2007 at 04:40 PM

quote:
She apparently let the kids do it though and she done nothing about it, either she let it happen and didn't know she was insulting islam or she did and didn't care.
People insult religion here all the time and nobody ever even says anything about it. Why would she be jailed, and even worse, killed? That's just stupid.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by haydos on 11-30-2007 at 06:18 PM

I know it's not just, but she should have known better. I know here in Australia (for example), society has the expectation that foreigners fit in with 'the Australian way' and there is always a lot of grief in the public and the media about how immigrants (especially muslims) don't make a good enough effort to fit in with how things are run in this country.

While this is a more extreme case, the woman should have known better and paid more respect to the name (as is done in the religion).

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by andrewdodd13 on 11-30-2007 at 06:29 PM

I read a quite interesting piece the other day, concerning issues like this. I won't link to it here (because it might as well have been a piece of BNP propaganda), but basically it described all countries where religion was allowed to rule as third world.

While I didn't agree with the statement, it does make you think. These people were considering lashing a woman for calling a teddy bear "Muhammad". These "people" (cause seriously, if you want to kill someone over something as retarded stupid as this, then you're more of a monkey rather than a person) are insane.

While I've never seen any teddy bears called Jesus, I have seen a "Pope soap on a rope", which I thought was damned hilarious. Right enough, the Catholic church might be like "omfg die", but then, they're sensible enough not to actually mean "die". They just tell people they're going to hell after they die.

If it was really, really that important to them, they should've just deported her straight away. That's what we do with all our terrorists. :|

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Chris4 on 11-30-2007 at 08:05 PM

I think it's absolutely stupid. Never heard of anything so pathetic in all my life. It's a teddy for crying out loud, get over it. She's a 54 year old woman! Did she really mean to take offence to any religion? No of course not. I feel sorry for the poor woman.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by prashker on 11-30-2007 at 09:15 PM

rofl, I was about to post "Lets name our MP!L Logo Mohammed :D" in a new thread :p

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Aeryn on 11-30-2007 at 09:45 PM

These days they imprison people for the most ridiculous things... And wtf at people wanting to kill her! :| With occurrences such as this one it becomes obvious once again just how delusional religion makes people, and how dangerous it is. I can't believe how sick our humankind is... I feel truly sorry for that poor woman.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Adeptus on 11-30-2007 at 10:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
Right enough, the Catholic church might be like "omfg die", but then, they're sensible enough not to actually mean "die". They just tell people they're going to hell after they die.
The restraint and tolerance of the Catholics is a recent development.  The Catholic Church certainly has, in past, engaged in all the same things Muslim fanatics are engaging in today -- the crusades, inquisition and witchcraft trials are just a few historic examples. 

There is no moral difference here, only evolution.  Muslims today are doing what Catholics were doing 400 years ago.  Fortunately, it should take them much less than 400 years to evolve beyond that -- thanks to today's blending of cultures, which wasn't possible 400 years ago.

Let's just hope they don't get their hands on any really good nukes before then.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Joa on 11-30-2007 at 10:26 PM

pathetic :-/ .. a name is more important than a life? wtf.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by M73A on 11-30-2007 at 10:26 PM

got a feeling the sun's anti muslim writers are going to have a field day on this...

everyone at that protest needs a life.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by paperless on 11-30-2007 at 11:07 PM

Oh...things like these still happen nowadays?

:/

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by MC Inferno on 11-30-2007 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
got a feeling the sun's anti muslim writers are going to have a field day on this...

everyone at that protest needs a life.

I got a feeling the BNP is going to have a field day on this.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Quantum on 11-30-2007 at 11:20 PM

I think this is really funny. A teacher allows a class to call a bear Mohamed and gets jailed :-o lol 

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Tasha on 11-30-2007 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by john-t
I think this is really funny. A teacher allows a class to call a bear Mohamed and gets jailed :-o lol

Oh yes, absolutely hilarious. Let's see how funny you think it is when you get jailed unjustly.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Quantum on 11-30-2007 at 11:33 PM

Thats not whats funny its that fact on what she did, not that she got jailed ;)

RE: RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by ryxdp on 12-01-2007 at 12:17 AM

quote:

As far as I can tell from that article she didn't do anything but allow the kids to name the bear, which is obvious (to me) that she didn't intend to insult/discriminate/etc. anyone or anything. IMHO she was probably completely unaware of anything of the sort.

Nothing about this situation is even remotely funny. You must have a weird sense of humour ^o)

* ryxdp prepares for flames :/
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Lou on 12-01-2007 at 01:10 AM

quote:
You've got a shitty sense of humour. How is it funny that she is getting jailed because of what she did? What she did, by itself, isn't even funny. It's a mistake that could very easily happen, but she lost her job, got jailed, the school got closed, and people want her killed.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by aNILEator on 12-01-2007 at 02:39 AM

Ryxpia no need to fear for flames, you're completely right, she let the kids name a bear.

The religious activists should be attacking and protesting about their own children and their imaginations, she did not name the bear, the kids did, they should know better being Muslims themselves.

You know I bet the exact same thing if not worse would probably be happening if she hadn't of allowed them to call it Mohammad

This is a seriously fucked up planet to live sometimes, places do really need to get some priorities and general good unprejudiced community spirit back together these days.

I mean how many people would seriously bother protesting about this in England let's say? Let alone actually inciting and demanding a teacher be shot dead! All the time I wonder why Muslims are making such a big deal of everything now yet instantly play the race/prejudiced card saying that they aren't treated right in our countries etc and demand more respect and what not. When in perspective members of their religion murdered people over a static cartoon image, incite hatred towards all but themselves and protest to kill us.

Is it any wonder that they're being blamed for or frowned upon more in todays society and Other cultures have developed a prejudged opinion towards them?

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Vimto on 12-01-2007 at 04:33 PM

I feel really sorry for her :sad: poor teacher woman

We wouldn't jail someone for naming a teddy "jesus" :P

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by absorbation on 12-01-2007 at 04:38 PM

This is just one of many cases in Sudan. The problem is there are 1000's more worse things happening to humans there, but they just don't seem to get media attention. Although this case is bizarre, there are much worse injustices that simply haven't been highlighted.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Rolando on 12-01-2007 at 06:52 PM

quote:

GTFO

This is stupid to be honest. About a month ago a woman got raped by 6 men there. The men got 6 months jail time + 2 beatings and she got 5 + a beating (Supposedly she was supposed to know them better and it was her fault for being alone with them). She protested and her sentence got changed to 3/4 years + 1000 beatings (yeah, that's how the punish people).

I can't believe we allow this to happen. They call this religion? :/
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Chunk1993 on 12-01-2007 at 07:21 PM

We was talking about this in Religious Education the other day.
It turned into a heated debate lol

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Stigmata on 12-01-2007 at 10:57 PM

Religion is a joke.

EDIT: but not a funny one in this case

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Discrate on 12-02-2007 at 12:20 AM

How about they shoot the protesters! That would be better.

It's just stupid. Well i suppose that's what happens in a third world country.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Rolando on 12-02-2007 at 01:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate

:dodgy:

Don't make stupid assumptions ever again.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by x2zen on 12-03-2007 at 11:46 AM

It looks like she will be released :D

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7124447.stm

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Volv on 12-03-2007 at 12:19 PM

I think Western countries should be concerned with their own problems rather than making judgements on things they don't really know much about.
Sure, it definitely seems like an over-reaction but we do not know much about the religious and cultural context of the country so what entitlement do we have to start judging them?

The only reason that this story made it into front page international news is because it involves Muslims, I'm sure there are plenty of equally harsh if not worse things happening in China, North Korea, other African countries, South America, and probably even Europe.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by andrewdodd13 on 12-03-2007 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Volv
Sure, it definitely seems like an over-reaction but we do not know much about the religious and cultural context of the country so what entitlement do we have to start judging them?
They wanted to the life of a woman for calling a teddy bear "Muhammed". Enough said.

And yeah, they're letting her go...

... into the protection of the British Embassy in Khartoum.

Edit: I thought this was in T&T so I've just used my 500th post on this 8-)
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by aNILEator on 12-03-2007 at 03:40 PM

Just reading the BBC article; glad to hear she's been deported and is safe.

Looks like Muslims in the UK didn't agree to her being arrested and threatened etc, judging by the comments made

RE: 500 post Just delete a rubbish post somewhere else maybe if you're seriously bothered :P

RE: RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Discrate on 12-04-2007 at 05:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
quote:

What bit was stupid? Becuase i think all of what i said is true/should be done.
RE: RE: RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Aeryn on 12-04-2007 at 12:40 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolando
quote:

What bit was stupid? Becuase i think all of what i said is true/should be done.
The condescending and prejudiced attitude of "oh such things happen in third world countries" is stupid. Every country is what it is, there are both smart and stupid people everywhere, and it's not very polite to go around with your nose high up thinking "that country is rubbish".
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Voldemort on 12-04-2007 at 05:02 PM

Discrate: you're as bad or even worse than the muslims.

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by haydos on 12-04-2007 at 05:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort
That's the pot calling the kettle black.
'the muslims' is such a generalised, stereotypical term :S Not all muslims think the same things in the same way you know?

edit after aNILEator's post: Statement is clearly retracted if I read your comments the wrong way...
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by aNILEator on 12-04-2007 at 05:15 PM

It's easy to tell Voldemort was referring to the Muslims responsible for the protests, if he had not put the word 'the' there then yes it would be completely prejudiced

RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Voldemort on 12-04-2007 at 05:26 PM

yeah, i meant the muslims wanting to punish the teacher, not in a general way...

RE: RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Discrate on 12-05-2007 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Voldemort

What do you mean by that? I am not a muslim?  Please explain.

What you just said makes you look like a loser/idiot.
RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by aNILEator on 12-05-2007 at 05:46 AM

Has Discrate got the dumb hat on :-/

Protesters say "lets shoot the teacher"
Discrate says "lets shoot the muslim protesters, that'd be better!"

Do you not see the connection there? Let's just go around shooting people connection?

RE: RE: Shoot UK teacher, say protesters by Discrate on 12-05-2007 at 05:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by aNILEator
Has Discrate got the dumb hat on :-/

Protesters say "lets shoot the teacher"
Discrate says "lets shoot the muslim protesters, that'd be better!"

Do you not see the connection there? Let's just go around shooting people connection?

First of all,i did not say lets shoot the muslim protesters, i only said protesters. Also i didnt say "lets" i said "how about they"

What i really meant by what i said is that the protesters want a lady to be shot becuase she named a teddy bear a holy name in there religion, if anything they should be shot for being idiots.

But of coarse they wont be shot.