Shoutbox

Help with utorrent - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help with utorrent (/showthread.php?tid=79582)

Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 04:30 PM

What do I do once my download is complete? I open containing folder and then what extract to WinRAR or put it into compressed zipped folder then extract ? :S
*or drag over all files in the containing folder and then add to archive?

help:P

thanks

RE: Help with utorrent by Quantum on 12-03-2007 at 04:33 PM

You want to open a program that you download via utorrent?

Download it.

Open the containing folder.

If its zipped extract it some ware you will remember.

Open it :)

RE: Help with utorrent by vikke on 12-03-2007 at 04:35 PM

That would depend on what your download is, is it a ZIP/RAR file, extract it. The most used format in scene-releases are splitted rar-files, to extract these you just right-click and extract the .RAR file using WinRar or similar.

RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 04:37 PM

There are like 70 files in the containing folder, should I put them in any specific folder and then extract that in WinRar

RE: Help with utorrent by vaccination on 12-03-2007 at 04:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicTy
There are like 70 files in the containing folder, should I put them in any specific folder and then extract that in WinRar
Just extract one of them and it'll extract them all on it's own and piece them back together for you.
RE: RE: Help with utorrent by vikke on 12-03-2007 at 04:38 PM

quote:
This is then a splitted rar-archive. Select the only file ending with .RAR and right-click and click "Extract here".
RE: RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vaccination
quote:
Just extract one of them and it'll extract them all on it's own and piece them back together for you.

What about the MSinfo Document what do I do with that?
RE: Help with utorrent by vaccination on 12-03-2007 at 04:42 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

.nfo? that's just a text document usually containing details of the download, you don't need it to use whatever you downloaded.
RE: RE: RE: Help with utorrent by vikke on 12-03-2007 at 04:42 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

You open it with a text-editor like Notepad. Then you can read information about the release, how to install/use it etc.
RE: RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 04:45 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

.nfo? that's just a text document usually containing details of the download, you don't need it to use whatever you downloaded.

Theres no extract file though, my only options are to add to archive and add to "rzr-cod4.rar"
RE: RE: RE: Help with utorrent by vikke on 12-03-2007 at 04:47 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Theres no extract file though, my only options are to add to archive and add to "rzr-cod4.rar"
You don't need to extract the NFO, it's not compressed.
RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 04:48 PM

should I just add to archive or what?

RE: Help with utorrent by Spunky on 12-03-2007 at 05:03 PM

Double-Click the file with the .RAR extension. It will then extract and join all the segments. It will then (I think) open a folder with the download in it that you can just use now as a normal file

RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-03-2007 at 05:05 PM

I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help everyone.

RE: RE: Help with utorrent by vikke on 12-03-2007 at 05:09 PM

quote:
I think I figured it out. Thanks for the help everyone.
You should never create an archive yourself. Just extract the current ones to retrieve the files which are compressed inside it. And some files like the NFO is not compressed, so you don't need to extract it in order to read it, just right-click->Open With..->Notepad.
RE: Help with utorrent by Jarrod on 12-03-2007 at 10:25 PM

quote:
i know what your downloading:)
but u might want to buy it you can't play it over the internet without a valid serial
RE: Help with utorrent by prashker on 12-03-2007 at 11:10 PM

Tyler totally fails at piracy :(.

Go back to buying games and being noob :(

RE: RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-04-2007 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
Tyler totally fails at piracy :(.

Go back to buying games and being noob :(

shush lol .. I should shouldn't I? 8-):P
RE: Help with utorrent by ShawnZ on 12-04-2007 at 02:27 AM

quote:

why would you add a file to an archive that you're about to extract?
RE: RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-04-2007 at 02:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
quote:

why would you add a file to an archive that you're about to extract?

I dont know cause im an idiot and to noob 4 lyfe? lol:P
RE: Help with utorrent by Divine Dragon on 12-04-2007 at 02:49 AM

Make sure ALL the files are completly downloaded in uTorrent, right click the torrent and selext 'open containing folder' (or navigate to your defult uTorrent download directory through Windows Explorer).Right click the torrent and select either 'Extract files...' or 'Extract here' (if you selected 'Extract files...', select a directory to save them to).If the files(s) dont appear, try opening any of the files with a .rar extension and dragging the file(s) out onto your desktop or a directory. If this dosnt work then chances are your archive is corupted and you may need to re-download it.

Hope this helps ;)

RE: RE: Help with utorrent by SonicTy on 12-04-2007 at 03:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Divine Dragon
Make sure ALL the files are completly downloaded in uTorrent, right click the torrent and selext 'open containing folder' (or navigate to your defult uTorrent download directory through Windows Explorer).Right click the torrent and select either 'Extract files...' or 'Extract here' (if you selected 'Extract files...', select a directory to save them to).If the files(s) dont appear, try opening any of the files with a .rar extension and dragging the file(s) out onto your desktop or a directory. If this dosnt work then chances are your archive is corupted and you may need to re-download it.

Hope this helps ;)

Thank you for the help ;D